Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics

+5
Tony W
WAMA
morelia
trunx
lisafay
9 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Go down

Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics Empty Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics

Post by lisafay Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Dave took these pics, I accept NO responsibility for them whatsoever Very Happy
We just placed a young Clark/Wilbanks line superdwarf next to our young GC. The SD is a little older, but both are 2010 babies. The size of the superdwarf is just absolutely ridiculous...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics Empty Re: Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics

Post by trunx Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

lookin good lisa. i must get pics of mine up. alot of people dont realise just how small and slender the adults stay..............................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics Empty Re: Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics

Post by lisafay Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm

It's how slender they are that makes the difference, isn't it?
And I must really remember to resize pics before posting here...i forget EVERY time !
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Both absolute crackers Lisa....when are you producing your first super dwarf super tiger albinos het for Golden Child? Very Happy
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by WAMA Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:41 pm

I have owned Burms and Afrocks in the past, but never Retics. I think thats about to change. Very nice on both accounts Lisa Cool

WAMA
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:55 pm

A stark size difference for 2010 youngsters and V. V. nice too!!

Tony W
Someone turn off my internet

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 am

I have to say thats one massive noticeable difference. I reckon I could love one of those SD (if I invest in chain mail lol) tbh after seeing that :)
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 am

morelia wrote:Both absolute crackers Lisa....when are you producing your first super dwarf super tiger albinos het for Golden Child? Very Happy
Well, we'll see - but as GC is a dominant trait, that exact mix won't be happening! Very Happy Producing ANY superdwarfs will do me for now Very Happy

WAMA wrote:I have owned Burms and Afrocks in the past, but never Retics. I think thats about to change. Very nice on both accounts Lisa Cool
Go for it, retics rock Wink
Tony W wrote:A stark size difference for 2010 youngsters and V. V. nice too!!
Wait until you see the difference after a yr! And thank you, I love them both, although Dave's photography skills with his mother's £1,000 camera don't exactly show either off in their best light!

Tanpira wrote:I have to say thats one massive noticeable difference. I reckon I could love one of those SD (if I invest in chain mail lol) tbh after seeing that :)
aww Tan, you can hardly feel it when they bite you. (apart from when they manage to get their teeth under your nail!).
This guy is really placid so far anyways - not like the golden child. She's a demon. But if she turns out to be a monster as an adult I don't care - she is just beautiful enough to stand around and look at all day. And maybe one day, she'll give me Golden Children of my own Very Happy
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 pm

The more of these I see the more I'm considering trying my hand with a super dwarf !!
The adult size of retics has always put me off up until now, temperament I can handle, but these little beauties have really got me interested now

Both stunners there Lisa !!
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Lisa, you're single handedly starting a SD revolution in Ireland Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics 772154
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Setting up a steady flow of potential customers I think.... Size difference bet baby GC and superdwarf retics 772154
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:51 pm

haha Very Happy You've got to have a plan Very Happy
Seriously though, I have not hatched out a singel retic yet, so I'm not one to talk. If I breed any this yr however, I would highly recommend them!!!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

be sure to let me know when this happens Lisa , really keen on one of these sd retics
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chappers Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 am

dont want to pull away from lisa reps as ill be after a caramel retic one day soon id reckon (im starting saving now by the way!! lol)

but mark from the former cold heart exotics shop has a pair of superdwarf retics at the moment, now i dont know who produced them as i never asked so i dont want to start the debate of the true locality thingy. lol
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 am

chappers wrote:dont want to pull away from lisa reps as ill be after a caramel retic one day soon id reckon (im starting saving now by the way!! lol)

but mark from the former cold heart exotics shop has a pair of superdwarf retics at the moment, now i dont know who produced them as i never asked so i dont want to start the debate of the true locality thingy. lol

I know you don't want to start the whole super or not thing up again,but im pretty sure the "super dwarfs" mark has are kayuda's same as trunx.So dwarfs but not supers dwarfs.I also dont want to start the whole dwarf,super dwarf thinger up again,BUT i do think it is important to label snakes correctly specially when it can change the price tag by many 100's.
I think a lot of the confusion comes from unscruplous wholesalers and ofcourse a lot mis information and quite a lot of confusion.I think to this day we still see amazon tree boas labled as Cooks! CF nicaraguans labled as costa rican's! Around the time i bought my male salmon,about 6 years ago,there quite a few shop sold "salmon hypos" which where infact just nice pink normals.Some of these nice pink normals where sold for as much as £500!!!!!! Anery corns sold as ghosts was a common one a few years back.I even came across an amel corn sold as part lavender!! I recently came across "hypo sonorans" bred in the uk,it was actually a salmon to sonoran breeding.The amount of hog island crosses sold as pure hogs is staggering.I bred hog crosses last year,and sold them as hog crosses for £40 each,i know a couple of these have turned up labled simply as hogs with a price tag of over £100!! and the list goes on and on and on and on.........................
unfortunatly I think we are always going to have this problem within the hobby.The best we can do is to try to educate people as best we can through the likes of this forum.It may not seem like a big issue to some,but when you are buying a 4,5 or 600 etc pound animal you want to it is what it is labled as.

Back on topic. Lisa,those are 2 fantastic looking animals and great to see size comparrison

Last edited by Phil on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:14 am

mine arent kayudas phil, clarke line supers.....................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chappers Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 am

to confuse the mater more hes also got kyaudas for sale.

this is the way hes got them advertised, if they are the clark line hes mis informed!! lol

New locality of super dwarf retic...bred in the states for the first time 2 years ago, youngsters only hit the UK market last year for the first time...6 hit the uk market this year...i have 5 of them....1 female sold

2 pair available......£650 pair......or £1200 for the 2:2 group
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 am

trunx wrote:mine arent kayudas phil, clarke line supers.....................

chappers wrote:to confuse the mater more hes also got kyaudas for sale.

this is the way hes got them advertised, if they are the clark line hes mis informed!! lol

New locality of super dwarf retic...bred in the states for the first time 2 years ago, youngsters only hit the UK market last year for the first time...6 hit the uk market this year...i have 5 of them....1 female sold

2 pair available......£650 pair......or £1200 for the 2:2 group

Ofcourse i could be wrong lol

Trunx,i thought your where Kyaudas? did you have Kyaudas? where did your supers come from?
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 am

from ady, who got them from cold blooded reptiles.....................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down