Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breeding ?

3 posters

Go down

breeding ? Empty breeding ?

Post by leo Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:05 am

hey guys and gals i have been toying with this for some time now and im thinking about investing some money and trying to get a little breeding project on the go! The only problem is that im not sure what type of snake would be best like im not going to start with high end morphs as this is my first!
i was just wondering what you would recomend to start with and any other advice would be great !
thank you Wink

leo

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

breeding ? Empty Re: breeding ?

Post by Warren_Booth Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am

Western hognoses, Corn snakes, and ball pythons are all easy to breed and inexpensive snakes. Boas can be a litter more tough and kings always run the risk of trying to eat each other. Westerns, corns and balls always sell well also. Out of the three I would go with either Corns or Westerns as they are real easy to get to breed and very eay to hatch. Corn hatchlings will be easier to feed as neonates.

Warren

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by leo Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 am

thanks! i was thinking along the line of royals and corns anyway! im not so concerned withe the selling at the minute as i can house a good few well in to their lifes, if i couldnt i wouldnt even think about breeding lol
the hognoses sound really interesting i will have to research them abit more now :)

leo

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 am

Warren is pretty much spot on.

Something I will add though is Westerns can be a pain in the @$$ to get feeding so do your research before you start with these guys.

I wouldn't bother with Cali Kings or the other more common Kings as I know breeders have real trouble selling these on. Get something a bit more unique if you go down this route. Grey Bands and some of the Mountain Kings are pretty cool but these can be a little more difficult to maintain, breed and get the hatchlings feeding.

Have you considered one of the North American Ratsnakes (other than Corns)? I quite like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 am

or maybe if you could get your hands on a pair of kenyan sand boas that are ready to breeding this season!!! Rolling Eyes
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down