Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st time breeding

2 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Corns

Go down

1st time breeding Empty 1st time breeding

Post by Big Dogg Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:53 am

Hey folks. After a bit of advice... I have a pair of corn snakes that have been kept together from young (not by my choice - I only got them recently). I've never seen them copulating since I got them, so I thought it would be best to seperate them for a while. My question is, where do I go from here? Should I cool the female for a length of time, then re-introduce her to the male, or should I wait until December before cooling her etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I got them probed recently to make sure they are definately male and female.

Big Dogg
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

1st time breeding Empty Re: 1st time breeding

Post by Phil Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:01 am

its bit late in the year to styart cooling now,i would wait until next year.Although keep them intogether for now,they may still breed,although Feb is usually when the will start breeding,the weather has been cold so they may start a little later.

Get youself Kathy Loves cornsnake guide,this book is a must for anyone thinking of breeding or infact just keeping cornsnakes.you can pick it up quite cheap on amazon.
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down