Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit to Reptile Village

Go down

Visit to Reptile Village Empty Visit to Reptile Village

Post by morelia Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 am

Hi all, the Society is organising a day visit on Saturday 8th August 2009 to Reptile Village, Kilkenny, Ireland's ONLY Reptile Zoo. Both members and non-members are very welcome, there will be a discounted entrance fee for members. James (the owner, a man with very extensive knowledge on herps both in captivity and in the wild) will give a personal tour of the Zoo. Numbers are limited to 30, so please e-mail secretary@thehsi.org if you would like to go!
The group will meet James at 12.30 inside the entrance to the Zoo. People will need to make their own travel arrangements and should check in with members of the society if they have difficulty securing transport and car pooling could be arranged.

A location map can be found at the following link:http://www.reptilevillage.net/Howtofindus.html

And further details about the Zoo can be found at http://www.reptilevillage.net/

This is an excellent opportunity to meet with fellow herp-heads and put faces to the names!

Please note that priority will be given to Society members and details will be e-mailed to all members.

Last edited by morelia on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Visit to Reptile Village Empty Re: Visit to Reptile Village

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 pm

That should be a good day out. It might be helpful if people had an idea of prices as I don't seem to see them on the Reptile Village website.

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:50 pm

The entrance fee for Reptile Village as an HSI member is 5.70 Euros, in addition James will be giving us a special tour and talk. He is incredibly knowledgeable and has been on herping expeditions related to Gharial, King Cobra etc. so even though I've been once before and chatted to him, this for me is a must-go event.

In addition to the entrance fee there will be a nominal fee towards petrol - I'll be driving down so the more we can fit in a car, the cheaper it will be! Plus food when there etc.

If there is sufficient interest there is also the possibility of finding cheap accomodation in Kilkenny and making a day / night of it (I'm all up for cheap trips so costs will be minimal, guaranteed).
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down