Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSI Northern Ireland Branch

4 posters

Go down

HSI Northern Ireland Branch Empty HSI Northern Ireland Branch

Post by igmillichip Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:52 am

I hereby give notice of The Herpetological Society of Ireland (The H.S.I.) support for a Branch or Sub-Committee of the H.S.I. to be set-up in Northern Ireland.

A process was started some months ago in working towards setting up a Northern Ireland Branch of The Herpetological Society of Ireland.

In the past week there have been some major progresses and new names coming into the picture to help drive this to fruition.

The H.S.I. had envisaged some regional sections/branches, but the NI branch being the key target for so many reasons.

Whilst the H.S.I. can never give details of our memberships, we can say that a notable number of present members have addresses in NI.

As a small note, official notification from the H.S.I. on such items is only sent via e-mail, by personal mail, or by way of a notice on our website (http://www.theshi.org).
Official notification via e-mails are also only valid if they originate from a H.S.I. Committee Officer (viz: the secretary, the treasurer, the senior science officer, or the chairperson); any other communication can, at be best, be considered a personal comment and not an official H.S.I. statement unless that person has been given a remit to speak on behalf of the H.S.I.

Notifications of such important Society items posted on forums are general information as a guide as the H.S.I. is not a forum-based Society.

There are still a few important Society and logistic details to work on in the background in view of some new persons coming into the picture.

A key person in driving this process in NI is a present H.S.I. member, and I invite the person to take this from here on a road of discussion.

Hopefully, the event of the 16th October will not be overshadowed by this preview of what is to come.

@Buddy……over to you for a while.

Ian Millichip
(Chairperson and Honorary Chairperson, The Herpetological Society of Ireland)

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

HSI Northern Ireland Branch Empty Re: HSI Northern Ireland Branch

Post by Buddy Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 am

First off......A massive thanks here to Ian and the committee for taking time out from arranging the upcoming Dublin event to help get this new venture up and running

Next i will second Ian's sentiments in regard of not allowing this new activity to overshadow the up and coming event in Dublin as this is primary to the HSI at present and we all want this to be at least as successful as the previous show and tell held earlier this year.

A couple of us have been looking hard at getting this up and running for a while now and we would also like to offer a public invitation to those who helped establish the roots of this Northern Ireland branch to be a part of this new branch as their previous work is very much appreciated. Most have been contacted privately by myself but I still want to make this invitation public and also I may have missed some out by mistake, sorry if I have.

Our next step will be to have discussions with the main committee at the upcoming Dublin event to ensure that we take all appropriate actions to arrange this new branch within the constitution issued by the HSI at it's formation and which all members of the society have the opportunity to read in their own time, available here....http://www.thehsi.org/constitution.php

I would also like to publically thank Mike 10205 and Leviathanni for their help in this venture here in the last week and for their efforts in contacting various people and arranging venues suitable for future meets and events to be held up here.

Once full discussions have been held with the main committee we will update all members on the progress and post on the forums to invite all interested parties to our first informal meeting at which the future path of this new branch will be discussed and nominations for any sub committee members can be put forward before being passed onto the main committee

Really looking forward to seeing this coming to fruition here folks and welcome all input from NI members as to how they want to see this branch progress
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Great stuff guys HSI Northern Ireland Branch 792195

I'm definitely up for working with you guys to get this up and running.
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:38 am

Good to see that you'll be on-board with this Jonty.

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

id do what i can too. if you need any hookers organised im your man..................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down