Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

African Grey

+2
Greecko
Irish_Vampire
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

African Grey - Page 2 Empty Re: African Grey

Post by snakeboyadam2k8 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 am

Tan wrote:Do any of your forum people ever sell Grey eggs?

hi Tan
I doubt that anybody would be prepared to sell African Grey eggs and if they did I can imagine they would be quite expensive. Most breeders with fertile eggs would probably artificially incubate and hand rear as the market for 'silly tame' African Greys is quite a lucrative one. The incubation and hand rearing of parrots and cockatoos is really quite easy and very few breeders will risk eggs/chicks by leaving them with the parents.
Would you have intended leaving a chick/chicks with George or would you have pulled and handreared.
Cheers
John
snakeboyadam2k8
snakeboyadam2k8
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Irish_Vampire wrote:You could get a male bird Tan for it... nice lil babies lol

lol@ Sally i am i am
i bet its not working though lol!
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Vampire Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

lol not really but i'll keep telling myself that

Irish_Vampire
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 am

snakeboyadam2k8 wrote:

hi Tan
I doubt that anybody would be prepared to sell African Grey eggs and if they did I can imagine they would be quite expensive. Most breeders with fertile eggs would probably artificially incubate and hand rear as the market for 'silly tame' African Greys is quite a lucrative one. The incubation and hand rearing of parrots and cockatoos is really quite easy and very few breeders will risk eggs/chicks by leaving them with the parents.
Would you have intended leaving a chick/chicks with George or would you have pulled and handreared.
Cheers
John

Hey John! I've looked a little more into it (although no plans to go down that road) and they do seem to crop up now and then, but as Dee pointed out who knows what the eggs actually are unless it's someone you know or can trust. I have raised many birds over the years (wildlife) and yes I know it's not the same but that experience & knowledge helped me hugely when I did hand rear some smaller species in the past. Do you remember Nadege who used to be on the forum? I raised a few love birds for her too and that was pretty awesome.

IF and it's a massive IF, I did ever get a Grey egg I am not sure what I'd do but anyone I've ever known who has hand reared in the past and had allowed the parent or surrogate bird to hatch the egg, always removes the chicks to take over feeding. I suppose it would be something I would have to really research and look into and obviously ask you guys for opinions on if I was ever thinking about it seriously.

There would be one major problem with it all though, if I did go down that road there is no way the baby would ever leave me and where in Gods name would I fit in another Grey lol

Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Vampire Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 am

Well Frankie has gone up to Daughters house nearly a week now but great to visit him and for him to come fly over.

Gonna be quiet in the house till the tiels come in for handrearing

Irish_Vampire
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Aww Dee, I bet you miss him terribly. When will your errr I mean your wifes Grey be coming to the house (does she know yet African Grey - Page 2 772154 )?

Have you new babies? Whenever you get a chance do share with us, I love your images and of course the babies are beautiful.
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Vampire Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 pm

lol the mmmm wifes grey wont be till new year or later waiting to here when eggs are laid.

i'll have tiels coming in next week so will start a thread on them.

Irish_Vampire
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2