Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress...

4 posters

Go down

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... Empty Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress...

Post by matt Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 pm

I got two of these Avic. geroldi slings in the post last Friday, the other one was tucked away in a corner it has started to web in, so I left it be...

Apx 15mm leg span here, and still pretty translucent, but these Avics are in for a dramatic colour change over the next few months, with a stong blue colour on the way, with red abdomen as a juvi, and the trademark 'Pink Toes'... looking forward to seeing the different changes as they progress

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF6013-1

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF6019-1

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF6023-1

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF6024-1

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... Empty Re: Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress...

Post by PBP Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 am

ive one cant wait for the colour change

PBP

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... Empty Re: Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress...

Post by matt Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 am

PBP wrote:ive one cant wait for the colour change

Wow, didn't realise I hadn't updated this thread! Here's a pic after each moult this one has had since... Very Happy

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF67921

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF7189

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF7836-1

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... DSCF8383-1

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickles Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:46 am

Anything with more than four legs kind of creeps me out lol but those are some great colours on them Shocked

Pickles
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Pickles wrote:Anything with more than four legs kind of creeps me out lol but those are some great colours on them Shocked

Yep, lovely colours to most Avicularia sp at a smallish stage, in fairness, a lot of the species will not be as striking as adults, but some will still hold a nice colour. Even regular Pinktoe's (Avicularia avicularia) are a class T as an adult, regardless of the decline in colour

Cheers

Matt

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 am

Almost time for an update of this incredible Avic.... Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... 792195

Tony W
Someone turn off my internet

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 am

The subsequent moult has been and gone, really need to post here more often Shocked

The last one (above) is taken less than 24 hours after ecdysis, and the strong blue tends to darken to navy as the cuticle toughens up again. Here is a recent sun-light shot showing the typical colour so far...

Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... 6342297926_4841d60929_z
Avic. geroldi - Juvi by inverta_shot, on Flickr

I am not convinced that these are all that different from Avic. avic, but that whole genus is a little convoluted really. Still a class looking pinktoe tho!

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:33 am

Great pic of a great little T.... Avicularia geroldi: Pics & progress... 792195

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down