Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first leo

+3
snakeboyadam2k8
Tan
Greecko
7 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Lizards :: Geckos

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My first leo  - Page 3 Empty Re: My first leo

Post by Greecko Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 pm

nah shes still pretty white so she is, no new developments except that her legs are going more white

yeh ive moved her water bowl however ive never ever seen her drink from it, though she doesnt move much anyway maybe goes for it at night when im not about though, still change it constant,

ill spray her tomorrow jst and see what shes like, shes not a big fan of me still so wont help :P

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Wait till you spray her, mine all dispise it, the tail and backs are all arched and some of them open the mouth but for the most part it's all eyes closed and not happy. I don't usually see mine drink either so don't worry plus they won't drink as often as you may think they should.

If she doesn't complete her shed you can soak her your self but you shouldn;t have to. I think she has to be the most well cared for Leo across the forums based on all you do and are doing for her :)
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:53 pm

yeah shes my only leo and take it very serious when I do things :P always thought leos went off their food when shedding, she scoffed down two morio worms this morning before i realised she was shedding :P so guess doesnt affect her too much

all a learning curve :)

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 pm

They are all dif. I think when you read loads you get a feel but no one can tell you exactly what yours will do. They do have their own little personalities and quirks. I have one girl and bless her, she hates me, I make her cry, but she'd never ever try to bite me, she just wants to be left alone but she'll had feed for me no worries, it's the touching she doesn't like at all.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by snakeboyadam2k8 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 am

Hi Chris
I hope that the shedding has gone ok, usually the only parts of the body that can give real problems are the feet and particularly the toes. I would recommend that you check her toes carefully and if any skin still remains on them put her in a soak box with warm water for 10 /15 minutes, this will soften then skin and allow it to be gently rubbed off.
This seems to be a fairly common problem with leos judging by the number we have seen with missing toes.
Hope this helps
John
snakeboyadam2k8
snakeboyadam2k8
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks john, yeh she seems to not have had any problems as she has all of her toes, one thing i did check for to see she was in good shape, nothing coming off just yet but im sure it will :)

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Shes really taking it at it now and is trying her best to ge it off, just the tail and feet left, dont know how id ever get her in a wet box and she still refuses to be lifted at all, may trik her with a big bowl and a nice morio in it :P

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 am

Don't worry all you'd have to do is put the wet box in the tank and if she wants to use it is there for her.
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 am

So how did she get on, all off??
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 am

She looks to be clean, cant see anything on her feet though there is some left on the very top of her head but im sure generally rubbing about will tkae that off nothing to worry about? aslong a her toes are clear im happy :)

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:10 am

good to hear!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 am

If she has a little left and it's still there later on tonight then you're much better off removing it, just mist her and try swab it off OR leave in the damp hide and it may well do it it's self but I wouldn't leave it on her for a long period. Oh and My first leo  - Page 3 990653 she finally did it for you :)
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Woop im glad too, toes thing worried me but she got them all just fine :) she hated the misting totally, she stood out and I got her a few times before she made a big awkward face and ran for her life back to her cave :P as for touching she still is iffy, I can get close but trying to swab it off may be too much, its literally a triangle on top of her head between her eyes, not in them or eyelids, ill try again however :) moist hides still in but hasnt tried it

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:55 pm

RESULT, basically ive just had my hand and talked to hr while feeding so she knows who I am and tonight she was very adventurous looking out at us from the glass, and she climbed straight onto my hands without and snapping and was very happy t0 continue on, very happy fella My first leo  - Page 3 939388

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Glad to hear she's getting on well!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 am

So hows the girly doing. Have you handler her again? It's great when they come round.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Doing the best, shes ore keen to get out aswell, would sit at the glass watching me just and knows where the door opens just cant figure out why it wont when she licks it :P

so everythings much better now, eat a huge locust today that was much bigger than a 5th but then again hadnt eatn in like 4 days strangely, so happy enough

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm

That's awesome Wink
Just make sure you don't give her food that is too big either (space between eyes is generally used as an indicator of largest food item that should be given) - or she could become impacted.

Delighted she is doing so well for you!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Excellent news. Lisas spot on, if she hasn't eaten she may be a little greedy and happily take on something bigger so best to keep the prey sizes down and let her eat her fill that way.

Are we getting some updated shots anytime soon I wonder :)(hint hint) Very Happy
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 am

Yeah needs to be done, need the missus though as i aint got a camera and she can do it much easier :P

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:14 am

If im not mistaken, she is starting to shed again, her body has gone white so near sure its shedding again, but last time she shed was the 16th of february, is it me or is that quite fast? she could just be a fast grower but isnt eating any extraordinary amounts of food, though if im not wrong when i bought her the guy who actually bred her was in an said her dad was a big fella and something about 100 grams, so could be genetics? shes 8 months old now roughly and looks as big as any other gecko

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 pm

She could well be growing to a large size and that would be cool, a nice big girl. Have you weighed her? Are we sure she is not gravid?
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

no havent got the scales to do so either unfortunately, shes definitely shedding, gone totally white now, just very odd shes shedding so soon, didnt think it was so often? shes been well misted again anyway, this time seems to be going much faster

as for gravid she did used to dig alot at night, as i could hear her scratching, she did used to be with 5 other leos of whom ive no idea wha sex etc, but they were all gone when i got her, but im sure shed show other signs no? she looks normal to me anyway..at 8 months is she mature enough?

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 am

Yes she is old enough, 8-9months if up to weight of say 50grams. The rule I was told years ago was 45grams for both and females should ideally be higher but many aim for 45grams although personally I'd go 50+ but that's me.

If you can get a digital scales and monitor her weight now you will know how much weight she is gaining. Also they can go once a month but the rate depends on many things, age, growth rate etc...but if she is gravid you can see the eggs if you hold her and look at her belly. It's pretty awesome when you do see eggs especially for the first time, well I think so anyway.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Greecko Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 am

yeah think this is just a case of a shed, she shed last night as there isnt a trace of it today!

one little issue im having is feeding nrutrobal/vitamins, i put it on my locust, firstly is this right to do?

she done the usual stalk got close smelt and licked and didnt like it, she has done this before but thats cause they stunk :P do they or is it triky to feed them? though could be just shes full, she tend sto stalk anyway even if she doesnt eat

Greecko
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next