Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding Plans

+7
JoeR
naja-naja
lisafay
MarkJD
jonty
St3ve76
Tan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breeding Plans Empty Breeding Plans

Post by Tan Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I was just wondering what everyones plans are for this season?
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Breeding Plans Empty Re: Breeding Plans

Post by St3ve76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 am

I'll start off Very Happy

Pairing my Amber corns again this year 2 years ago I got some real surprises so fingers crossed and also gonna try my Albino King's to see what I can get.
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 am

Ohhh sounds like a good plan. I look forward to seeing what you get from the ambers and best of look with the Kings haha little finger eaters.

Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:30 am

lmao Yea the King's deffo a wee handful !!!
Have you any plans this year Tan or are ya gonna spring a surprise on us ? lol
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 am

haha One or two things up my sleeves and not 100% but I should have something nice all fingers and toes crossed.

Oh and I meant best of Luck not look Breeding Plans 792195
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

I shall keep them crossed for ya as well !!! Breeding Plans 409324
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 am

Nice one steve what did you get out of the corn pairing the las time.

Tan you're being very cyptic, you're not giving anything away there.

I've a few I'm trying

I have my het Kahls in together, I don't know if they'll go or not this year but no harm in trying. I haven't seen any positive tail locking yet but they are more active at night when I'm in the land of nod Breeding Plans 772154

I also have my western hognoses together. The male has been surfing the female around the viv. Again I haven't witnessed any tail locking but I have to give the wee male Breeding Plans 726292 for effort regardless.

Last but not leas my male sonoran will hi 18 months old in the spring so I'm going to put him in with the female then, who knows I may be lucky enough.
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 am

Sounds like some good plans in the woodwork. If your Kahls go you should see some nice albinos right, Kahl is an albino strain in Boas?

It will be a long year but one of the two female BHP's i have coming will be of age sometime later in the year. If i can get her to size i will hopefully give the BHP's a go. I wont be rushing her though.
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-16

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:23 am

TBh I can't remember the exact morphs. I will ask Phil to be sure but it was such a suprise that pairing two Amber's and I only got 5 or 6 ambers out and the rest were a mix lol
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 am

Yeah mark, if I'm lucky about 25% of the litter will be kahl albino's I'm excited as I've wanted an albino boa for ages but decided to go via hets instead of just running out and buying one I thought it would be more fun to produce my own.

Breeding the BHP's if they are ready would be pretty cool, I reckon you would have people breaking your arm for babies.

Sounds like you got a pleasant surprise then Steve, it'll be interesting to see what they pop out this time round.

Good luck with the breeding everyone Breeding Plans 792195
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 am

I see a certain well known american breeder is set on ruining the UK boa market - £170 for Kahl albinos :O

I have no problem with competitive pricing, but that's just taking the pi**. And sunglows for £300!

I should have some stunning hypo jungle boas and regular hypo sibs come april, all going well. My sunglow female is very close to breeding size, so might let the jungle male have a turn with her later in the year, if we have space.

I have no doubt we will have leopard geckos again. Some nice tremper albino and mack snow giants.

We have a few breeding sized retics, and are heavily feeding at the moment in anticipation of introducing the males. It's our first attempt so we're just learning as we go, and relying heavily on advice from some good friends in the UK!
Our big aim for later in the yr, if we figure out what we're doing, will be leucistic/ivory retics and caramel tigers/supertigers.

Royals are locking up as we speak, but females aren't as big as we'd like, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't build for us. still, the locking is encouraging them to eat Very Happy We were hoping to pair up our male and female fires soon-ish, but unfortunately the male has become very ill all of a sudden :(

So the only breedings I'm feeling confident about are the boas and leos Very Happy But I'm having fun with the other stuff all the same Wink
Best of luck everyone, I think this year may have the makings of the most productive year yet for Irish breeders!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 am

What the hell, £170 for a kahl albino, that's wild the cheapest I've seen them in the uk was £325 that's nearly half the price, in fact it's only a tenner more than I payed for the hets in the first place, plus I've paid out to grow them on.

That's not competitive prices, that's a piss take. The only thing he'll do with those prices is wind up other breeders.

Now that I've finished blowing off steam, it sounds like you and dave are going to be very busy this year. -f all goes well you will be producing a lot of beautiful animals, a few of which are on my wish list, but I have to be sensible for a change Breeding Plans 772154

Good luck with the breeding Breeding Plans 792195
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 am

Thanks Marty Wink
Yes it is a pi** take. And he did the same thing to us with very expensive retics, when there was no need. You have to look after customers where ;investment' morphs are concerned. Why would you pay thousands for an animal when the breeder has a habit of pulling the market out completely from under your feet within a yr!
Most of us don't do this for the money, and certainly don't expect to make large profits. But you don't pay thousands for a snake with great genetics without hoping to make at least some of the initial cost back.

A lot of breeders are pi**** off with him, and with very good reason. People buy this snakes then as they are a 'bargain', plan to breed them and then the market is completely flooded with snakes that are worth absolutely nothing anymore.

And thanks! We don't want to overwhelm ourselves, and sure we'll see what we wind up with. Anything that breeds is a bonus after the messed up time we've had waiting on racks to organise our rep rooms!

Good luck to you too, and make sure you charge more than that for any albino boas you decide to sell - they'll be worth lots more. They come with a guarantee! Very Happy
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks lisa Breeding Plans 792195

Ah now I think i know who it is, carrot? lol sure his names muck almost worldwide now anyway, I'd heard he'd done the same with the retics, practically giving them away at one point I believe. I've been having a good read at a few bits and pieces on RFUK too, not good.

Where the hell did 'carrot' come from anyway?

Anyhoo I just think it's morally wrong doing something like this. I am all for people importing snakes from the US, europe etc, that's how things have to work so that we in turn can produce animals of our own.
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 am

That's the one! As for the name...he mailed me himself asking me that! I'm not sure. I think Buddy knows? It's handy to have a nickname in any case as opposed to openly naming and shaming.

He is obviously not interested in the long term survival of the breeding game and is just interested in selling as many cheap snakes as possible with little or no care for quality or health. I think he will find it more and more difficult to sell the higher end and new morphs.
It's a pity, because he was a serious forerunner in the retic game and still could be if he wanted to play that way. Ppl will always buy cheap snakes, but not anybody who is serious about breeding.

Anyway, back on topic...our bee is locked with our female pastel past day or two. I'm hoping it encourages her to feed as she could do with another cpl of 100g on her before breeding!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 am

Good luck with the royals Lisa.
What you hoping for with that combo ? not to up on royal morphs lol
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

well the main objective would be a killer bee (superpastel spider). But anything would be nice! The pairing could also produce spiders/pastels/bees - and then again, nothing might come of it at all. Fingers crossed!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by naja-naja Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:51 pm

i've got my burms paired up and splitting them apart again every 2 weeks now, seen some spurring but i'll keep going till i see an ovulation Very Happy
realistically looking at albino het granites, possibly albino granite and normal dbl hets also.

also have plans to get a female taiwan beauty snake for my male.

naja-naja
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Best of luck Teddy Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Wow some real sweet Plans for this year!
Maybe next year if Link turns out male I will get an adult female and see what happens!
It's not exactly a breeding plan but this year or early next I will be getting a pair of fire royals, mojaves and a spider and pastel royal also!
And Marc Norrie has some real nice boas as well...and i will just happen to be in the Bracknell area this July after my leaving so who knows lol!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:47 pm

I want a lesser and a Mojaves :)
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 pm

lisafay wrote:I see a certain well known american breeder is set on ruining the UK boa market - £170 for Kahl albinos :O

I have no problem with competitive pricing, but that's just taking the pi**. And sunglows for £300!

I should have some stunning hypo jungle boas and regular hypo sibs come april, all going well. My sunglow female is very close to breeding size, so might let the jungle male have a turn with her later in the year, if we have space.

I have no doubt we will have leopard geckos again. Some nice tremper albino and mack snow giants.

We have a few breeding sized retics, and are heavily feeding at the moment in anticipation of introducing the males. It's our first attempt so we're just learning as we go, and relying heavily on advice from some good friends in the UK!
Our big aim for later in the yr, if we figure out what we're doing, will be leucistic/ivory retics and caramel tigers/supertigers.

Royals are locking up as we speak, but females aren't as big as we'd like, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't build for us. still, the locking is encouraging them to eat Very Happy We were hoping to pair up our male and female fires soon-ish, but unfortunately the male has become very ill all of a sudden :(

So the only breedings I'm feeling confident about are the boas and leos Very Happy But I'm having fun with the other stuff all the same Wink
Best of luck everyone, I think this year may have the makings of the most productive year yet for Irish breeders!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good luck with the breeding Ive seen (sharp albinos males for £195 and females for 225) i also seen the Kahls for that price to well they are after coming down in price alot over the years seen one in a pet shop a few years ago for 1500 for a kahl albino

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezin8er Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 am

Sounds like there are some fantastic plans for this year .

I hope everyone has I great season .

I,ve just finish making my mind up what I,ll be pair this year .
Not to sure If I,ll even do them all as of yet .
Its good to have some sort of plan all the same ,
otherwise things can start to get confusing .
Rezin8er
Rezin8er
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 am

Come on Nikki, give us a little idea what you may pair Breeding Plans 792195 I know two, are they still going ahead?
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezin8er Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Your wish is my command my dear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Rezin8er
Rezin8er
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down