Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owners

+4
jonty
lisafay
JoeR
Tan
8 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Venomous

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Owners

Post by Ari Finsk Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 am

Shlegs and punics are the most beautiful treesvipers on the world - in my mind even all arboreals are my faws. So many colour variations and their attitude ...
These once eats well, but I had 2 litlle once witch wouldn´t eat well and died later - I think that force feeding is not an answer for eating problems speaking of this specie - sad but true: only healthy and stong ones will survive.
I feed these still once a week with small mices ... even they would go well with "big" mices or rat fuzzies (?) every two - three weeks. I don´t want them to get "fatted" - they live much more longer and healthy with "low fat diet".
There are enough CB´s available from so many different bloodlines that there is no reason to get WC´s ... for anybody

Ari Finsk
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Owners

Post by lisafay Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 pm

I feed mine a little less often- I agree they need little and not to often because of the high fat content in mice in comparison to the frogs/small lizards they are designed to eat! They're not overly active either Very Happy

Mine are not good feeders at present. Hopefully they will be more enthusiastic outside of breeding season...
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Venomous

Permissions in this forum: