Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one for lisafay

+11
Tony W
jonty
Mark T
Vinnie
Dutchology
Rezin8er
WAMA
morelia
Tan
lisafay
reptile ni
15 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

one for lisafay - Page 2 Empty Re: one for lisafay

Post by Mark T Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Tony, thanx for the welcome mate.....good to hear from you my friend...catch-up soon bud ! one for lisafay - Page 2 801134

Mark T

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by inkriminate Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm

oi oi Mark, ello and glad your here
inkriminate
inkriminate
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2010-05-03

http://essjay-reptile-rescue.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 am

Hey Mark, in agreeance with everything Tony has said this appears to be sorted now and I am glad to see you here (we met at Bens not to long ago, talking about frozen food??) so one for lisafay - Page 2 257862
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 am

You finally signed up then,pitty its for these reasons but welcome aboard anyhow dude.
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rover Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:59 am

Mark T wrote:Right guys.....iv been watching this thread very closely, as im the person that this whole thing was aimed at initially.........the facts......the snake was traded to me from ady for a young pair of albino royals and dart frogs, the snake when arriving with me was 9.5 feet (your measurements were a bit out ady).......I then traded the "PLATINUM" (NOT TIGER) to Per for other animals....the snake then went to Vinnie, and then on to Germany ! At no point was anyone misled by me, and furthermore find the whole thread a disgusting slur on my reputation and character, which to date is untarnished ! Lisa.....what has this got to do with you anyway ?? you were asked your opinion on a snake .........why turn the thread into a slanging match ?........Oh and Ady, what was your reason for starting this thread ?? dont see any reason other than slandering me incorrectly and unfairly blackening my name !.........the events that took place from the snake leaving you (as you have now pointed out) through each person concerned untill the snake left Ireland are only the business of the parties concerned........let that be the end to it !.................OH.......WELCOME MARK TO EMERALD ISLE EXOTICS FORUM !! EIE rocks

this thread was addressed to Lisa, so she commented on the snake.
We were told by Vinnie it was a platinum tiger as we brought it to Germany, he now said that it wasn't.
Lisa found the thread on RFUK to support what she said, thats the end of it.
She doesn't care what is it who had in the past and who has it now. She just commented on what she was asked about.
No one is blackening your name as i didn't realise you even had one as i've never heard of you, so don't come on having a go at Lisa when she was invited to the thread.

rover

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 am

Well, I'm glad for the opportunity to respond, so many thanks for unlocking the thread. I think when everyone has had a chance to think about things, we are all perfectly capable of discussing things like responsible adults.
Mark - here's what it has to do with me.

* Look at the title of the thread. For some reason, it drew my attention.
* I was asked my opinion on whether the retic was a tiger or not. I gave my opinion.
I mentioned Vinnie's snake as an afterthought. I had no idea this was his, I assumed that this was some recent
event.
* Vinnie and Dutch both came on and cleared up your involvement. Your name was perfectly cleared before you
decided to come on board.
* I never said a word against you. I don't know you, and certainly have no need/reason to try blacken your name.
I couldn't care less about the snake in question...and directed nothing at you.
My issue was with the fact i knew Vinnie was not being truthful with me, and I pulled him up on it! It had
nothing to do with you at that point. Saying that, I consider Vinnie a mate, and don't take any of it seriously
anyway. In fact, myself and dave had a good giggle over it. Whenever I'm in touch with Vinnie next I'll most
likely say "Ha! Caught you out!"
* I do believe Ady should have contacted you first before posting this here - I had no idea this was something
from the past being dragged up. However he's explained his position, he had a few drinks etc. etc...
so that's that.
All in all, I think the tone of your post was uncalled for. I can understand why tensions were raised, but there really was no need for it.
Either way, the vast majority of us are guilty of getting carried away on forums from time to time. So, as this appears to be done and dusted (as it was before you came on in any case), let's leave it in the past and move on! Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark T Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am

Dave and lisa....i have every right to reply when im being talked about in the wrong context......so no one was jumping on anyone.....and dave you have no need to know me, however iv been on the reptile scene for many years....but choose my friends carefully mate ! And later il post a pic of the snake in question ...the day after it arrived with me...to also clear up any sizing issues ! one for lisafay - Page 2 939388

Mark T

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:34 am

Guys, I am respectfully requesting that all replies to this thread stop (I am not locking it yet). Mark wishes to post a picture which he is entitled to do given the fact some issues have been raised, he feels he should be given a chance to respond/correct or address these and in the spirit of fairness (given everyone has had a chance to speak) I ask you all to respect our decision.

On another note, a few things have come to my attention which I was not aware of when this thread was started. My deepest, sincerest apologies to Mark for allowing both his and the shop name be mentioned (an oversight on my part). False or otherwise, the statements does fall under our 5th rule which clearly states

5. The practice of ‘naming and shaming’ either, shops, people or other forums is not condoned nor accepted. Any threads/posts of this nature will be deleted without prior notice. If you have a genuine issue to raise, feel free to do so, however, without specific reference to the shops, people or other forums.

It is because of this rule and how Mark has felt as a direct result of this thread, from the start, that I have no choice but to issue a warning to Ady on behalf of the forum. I am aware you retracted your initial comments and this would normally be done privately BUT given the circumstances & publicity surrounding this thread not to mention the sheer volume of mails I've received today I am acting in the interest of the majority & the forum.

The thread has not been deleted (YET) as it progressed rather quickly and people are entitled to respond if they have been wronged or feel they have, clear their name and challenge claims made by others (this applies to everyone involved. I could not be more diplomatic here) which as soon as this thread was started was out there in the www but I urge you all to remember we are a family orientated site. Also, I will NOT tolerate peoples personal agendas, political rubbish or just childish tactics which result in bringing this forum & her staff as well as members down and this applies to everyone. We have worked hard to get to where we are and we try to make this an enjoyable place for all and although we are all falible, we do aim to do the best for our members (keeping in mind we cannot always keep everyone happy and will make the mistakes), but this does not excuse anything. I hope you all can understand where I am coming from and even if you do not agree at least respect this decision.

Any problems in relation to this please PM.

Last edited by Tanpira on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismisk Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 am