Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one for lisafay

+11
Tony W
jonty
Mark T
Vinnie
Dutchology
Rezin8er
WAMA
morelia
Tan
lisafay
reptile ni
15 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

one for lisafay Empty one for lisafay

Post by reptile ni Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shes the biggest retic i ever owned 15' when i sold her, she one of the first 3 platinum's brought into the uk. i bought her as a platinum from Kevin mccurley but im now told mark in cold heart sold her as a tiger platinum for double the value because of the near full stripe. but if it was a tiger platinum i think Kevin would have told me.

what do you think Lisa (as our friendly retic expert)

reptile ni
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

one for lisafay Empty Re: one for lisafay

Post by lisafay Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:05 am

Oh wow - she is stunning!
I've actually just purchased my first platty. No real interest in more mainlands, but he's a breeder male and will use him for dwarf projects Wink

Lovely platy, but you're right Ady - not a tiger.
The stripe doesn't mean anything.
This is a blond retic I had up until recently - he has a full stripe, similiar to this platinum. Unfortunately, the pic is pretty awful for this purpose, but I know there's another somewhere. Will root it out later Wink

He's not a tiger, despite the near full stripe, which starts about a quarter of the way down his back.

He was the wrong snake in the first place, so we recently swapped him for his brother, a blond tiger. This littermate also has an almost full stripe, but the tiger patterning is also obvious.

I need to take a pic of him for you, but this is another littermate. My guy has more striping, but it is still very easy to pick out the tiger patterning...

Despite the bad pics, what I'm trying to illustrate is that all of the babies in this litter had stripes of some sort - and some were fully striped from top to bottom - this applied equally to tigers and normal patterns;)
Although tigers can be striped, so too can normal patterns Wink
And as far as I can see, this isn't a tiger. Actually I would say confidently, I am 100% certain she is not.
I do know of one tiger platy that was in the country, but we brought her to Germany last yr Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:58 am

Excellent thread guys and loads of info Lisa one for lisafay 792195 Love the images (although I haven't a clue about retics lol)
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 am

I remember that big girl Ady - Lisa, I think she's the same one you took to Germany last year as Per ended up with her and I think she went to Fila Retic?
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

The one I took to Germany belonged to Vinnie as far as I know, not sure who she went to.
I never actually got to see her, as she was taped into a big tub all that time!
Do you know where this retic is now, Ady?
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WAMA Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 am

The Blonde Retic is Stunning

WAMA
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezin8er Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Did Vinnie not buy it from Per when he sold up ?
Rezin8er
Rezin8er
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Possibly, no idea!
I'm just wondering who Ady sold this snake to though - was it Per?
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Although I was 100% about this snake not being a tiger, I mailed the pic to some retic friends and they agree - no doubt about it. 100% not a tiger.
Actually, they remember her being advertised on rfUK quite a long time ago, and there was some commotion between them and damoledger (who advertised her, apparently) as it was obvious to them she was not what she was being sold as.
All the same, a big platinum female is a valuable animal, and someone will always be prepared to pay a lot of money for one!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reptile ni Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 am

i sold her to mark and he sold her to per but i thought it was ben who sold it to germany

reptile ni
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchology Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:15 am

Hey guys,

Just a quick note from Mark as I was chatting to him this morning. He says that he originally traded this snake from Ady as a Platinum, traded it for other snakes to Per, as a Platinum and as far as I know from having talked to Per, Vinnie sold it to Filaretic in Germany, but again as a Platinum.

There was mention at some point of the snake looking a little tiger-like and possibly having some in it, but it wasn't every sold or traded as a 'Tiger Platinum'...

Now I don't know anything about this and can't tell from looking at it either lol, but I said I'd put Mark's 2c in so everyone would know the whole story lol
Dutchology
Dutchology
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://www.reptiles.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 am

There was mention at some point of the snake looking a little tiger-like and possibly having some in it, but it wasn't every sold or traded as a 'Tiger Platinum'...

She was advertised on RFUK as a tiger platinum by Damo Ledger, and one other username, apparently.

Vinnie told us it was a tiger platty we were taking to Germany, but I know for sure filaretic would not for a second have purchased this girl as a tiger. There's nothing even remotely tiger about her. But a large platinum female is still worth a lot of money and would be in high demand.
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:06 am

Ive read this thread a few times trying to figure out what the point of it is, can someone tell me??
I sold the snake to Filaretic in Germany, Ben never had anything to do with the platty, myself and Karsten have done a few deals and will continue to do so, at the time she was the only platty in the country, i know of several now.
Ady as you said, you sold it to Mark and unless im unaware of snakes having the ability to shrink by a few feet she definitely wasnt 15 feet, she was 12.5 feet when i sold her into Germany, and that was measured by both me in Ireland and Karsten when he got her in Germany.
Anyway she wasnt sold to Per as a Tiger, in fact you couldn't really say she was sold to him at all, Mark and Per swapped animals, Per was never told that it was a Tiger by Mark, and for people that know me or Per will know that we did everything with animals together so yes i would know what Mark told him.
So when Per had to move back to Sweden i bought her from him along with alot of other animals.
Now i can see where the confusion is coming from because alot of people thought she was a Tiger and it was said to us on alot of occasions, sometimes we corrected people sometimes we couldnt be arsed!!
This one was the platty you brought to Germany for me Lisa! Myself and Cai-man brought the snake to Lisa's house and she drove it to Germany where she met Cai-man and he met Karsten, i was unable to go to that show as i had more important things to do.
So Ady sold it to Mark, Mark sold it Per, Per sold it to me, I sold it to Filaretic, AS A BLOODY PLATINUM RETIC, end of misconceptions.
The snake was sold to Karsten and left Ireland over a year ago!!!! So theres the whole story of the snake, now again whats the point of this thread?

Vinnie

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:25 am

Hey Vinnie, haven't seen you in a while! Thanks for the input one for lisafay 792195

The thread was just to ask Lisas opinion from what I can gather but as I'm sure you know tangents regularly occur and conversations develop from those but you've set the record strait so no more confusion Very Happy
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:48 am

I was asked if I thought this was a platty tiger or not, and I gave my opinion. I don't really care about the back story.
I never even got a look when we brought this snake to Germany but Vinnie...um...
from a totally neutral perspective, as none of this affects me in ANY shape or form...you DEFINITELY told us the snake we transported for you was a tiger platty. Just checked with Dave and he says yes, definitely.

a bunch of guys I know on RFUK also clearly recall her being advertised over there as a platty tiger. They remember this, as she clearly isn't a platty tiger.
I don't care one way or another, and am certainly not going to get into an argument over it. But that is just the truth as I know it Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

lisafay wrote:I was asked if I thought this was a platty tiger or not, and I gave my opinion. I don't really care about the back story.
I never even got a look when we brought this snake to Germany but Vinnie...um...
from a totally neutral perspective, as none of this affects me in ANY shape or form...you DEFINITELY told us the snake we transported for you was a tiger platty. Just checked with Dave and he says yes, definitely.

a bunch of guys I know on RFUK also clearly recall her being advertised over there as a platty tiger. They remember this, as she clearly isn't a platty tiger.
I don't care one way or another, and am certainly not going to get into an argument over it. But that is just the truth as I know it Wink

Funny that, i dont ever remember saying it was a tiger but maybe we got our lines crossed, infact i dont remember anything i talked to Dave about down there as it was over a year ago but to my recollection it was only Dave that was there that night, but thats neither here nor there and if you want to talk to me more about that you can ring me!!
From what i can tell, the point of this thread was to say that Mark sold the snake as something it wasnt to up the value, and in saying that its not very fair on Mark is it?? So i came on here to clear the whole thing for everyone, now if he did sell it as something it wasnt id be the first to say but he didnt, that was the whole point of my post, nothing in my post was directed at you, yes i did refer to you but thats because you were part of the story.
And as for RFUK, ill pass on Damo's number and you can ring him about that because as you said he had it advertised on there, he definitely didnt advertise on there when i had it!!

Vinnie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:19 am

Tanpira wrote:Hey Vinnie, haven't seen you in a while! Thanks for the input one for lisafay 792195

The thread was just to ask Lisas opinion from what I can gather but as I'm sure you know tangents regularly occur and conversations develop from those but you've set the record strait so no more confusion Very Happy

Hey Tan,

How'r you? Hope your keeping well. Its been a while alright, Just got fed up with the whole thing to be honest, too many know it alls and everyone trying to better the next guy, like one big pee'ing contest, ive been back on the forums for a while but not really bothered posting cause someones always got something to say.
For the lova god why cant we just all get along :)

Vinnie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 am

Vinnie, to be honest, I don't care. I do recall talk about her being a tiger, but it's all a long time ago. Perhaps you (or perhaps cai-man) said people RECKONED she looked like a tiger, I don't know. I def thought she was supposed to be, but hey - what does it matter now, it's all irrelevant to what was being asked here Wink
I think threads like this are good. Whatever was going on bet Ady and Mark re. sale of this girl is out in the open, suspicions that certain people may have had have been cleared up etc. etc.
Deliberately mislabelling animals for the sake of making more money on an animal is something that really gets to me. It affects the rest of us, who try to be completely honest about what we sell. Fortunately, that does not appear to be what was happening in THIS particular case, and it's better that it could come out in the open, as opposed to people having snaking suspicions about somebody, perhaps passing these suspicions onto others and eventually affecting the reputation of somebody, when in fact the situation is not what they thought at all....

When I first commented on this post, I thought this was something that had happened very recently, and I found it worrying....

Vinnie- we're all really glad to have you back Wink And you're thinking about a certain other place, I think. There are plenty of friendly alternatives these days Very Happy
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:52 am

ummm....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reptile ni Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:03 pm

ill tel you my side, all i wanted to do was show a pic of an old snake i had once and fair enough i had a few drinks in me that night and did ramble on a bit. myself and mark are friends and have been for years now and never should have mentioned his name as he isnt on this forum. i was told by a friend who doesnt even live in this country that this was sold as a tiger platty and did fetch big money, i didnt even know that vinni or lisa had anything to do with this snake, i was talking to mark this morning and he told me that he traded the snake to per for some other snake (its none of my business what other people done with the snake). just to make it clear i never made any profit on this snake it was one i had bought for display in my shop i paid £2,800 for this snake in i think 2006 as a juvenile i then swapped it for a pair of hatchling ablino royals i then sold the male for £450 and the female for £500 and im still waiting on the payment for that. i also wouldnt think that mark made any money as the snakes he got were not worth half of what the retic was.
but in saying all this once the snake left my hands its got nothing to do with me what happens with it (as long as it wasnt harmed). i hear rumours every day about what other people dealings but ive been involved in the reptile trade for over 12 years and ive learnt to take everything with a pinch of salt.
im sorry for posting this and sorry if i upset anyone. any more questions please call me on 07912608441.

reptile ni
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark T Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Right guys.....iv been watching this thread very closely, as im the person that this whole thing was aimed at initially.........the facts......the snake was traded to me from ady for a young pair of albino royals and dart frogs, the snake when arriving with me was 9.5 feet (your measurements were a bit out ady).......I then traded the "PLATINUM" (NOT TIGER) to Per for other animals....the snake then went to Vinnie, and then on to Germany ! At no point was anyone misled by me, and furthermore find the whole thread a disgusting slur on my reputation and character, which to date is untarnished ! Lisa.....what has this got to do with you anyway ?? you were asked your opinion on a snake .........why turn the thread into a slanging match ?........Oh and Ady, what was your reason for starting this thread ?? dont see any reason other than slandering me incorrectly and unfairly blackening my name !.........the events that took place from the snake leaving you (as you have now pointed out) through each person concerned untill the snake left Ireland are only the business of the parties concerned........let that be the end to it !.................OH.......WELCOME MARK TO EMERALD ISLE EXOTICS FORUM !! EIE rocks

Mark T

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezin8er Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey Mark one for lisafay 257862

Want some popcorn .. lol
Rezin8er
Rezin8er
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi guys i'm locking this up before things get any worse, if anyone has anything left to say please take it to PM

Thanks

Marty
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Ok guys i am unlocking this thread, to allow you guys to sort out your differences.

Please not that if i feel that the thread is getting out of control it will be locked again and deleted!!!
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 pm

I can't figure out the thread motivation, however, whatever it was, it appears to be cleared up...and Mark...indeed... one for lisafay 257862 ...

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down