Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some new pythons

4 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Go down

Some new pythons Empty Some new pythons

Post by Warren_Booth Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Over the last few months I have been acquiring some pythons to put into my collection.
First up are some Borneo Shorttails. I got 2.2 normals, and 1.1 speckled sided poss het ultrabreits. These all came from Tim Mead who is one of the top Blood and Borneo breeders in the US. The speckled sided is a trait similar to the marble trait, however it is recessive and not co-dominant.

Speckled sided poss het ultrabreit female (in slough)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Speckled sided poss het ultrabreit male

And some balls. I put together a group of 1.1 yellow bellies, 1.1 Graziani pastels poss het albino, 0.1 graziani pastel, 0.1 Lemon pastel, 1.0 cinnamon pastel, 1.0 black pastel, and 1.0 Bumblebee.

Cinnamon pastel (in slough)

Graziani pastel poss het albino

Lemon pastel in the sun

Bumblebee

I will get pictures of the others up in a few days.

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Some new pythons Empty Re: Some new pythons

Post by snakeboyadam2k8 Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Warren_Booth wrote:Over the last few months I have been acquiring some pythons to put into my collection.

Wow they are really spectacular snakes, the shorttails are something I have not come across before but are stunning, I really like the lemon pastel, it must be one of the most striking royal morphs. Still think the normals are hard to beat however!
snakeboyadam2k8
snakeboyadam2k8
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:41 am

Super snakes as always Warren - the ultrabreits are something else Some new pythons 864677 so hope your guys are hets and prove out for you. Bloods are something I've never ventured into first hand yet but I recall your Sumatrans - where did they ever go?

Most Royal morphs are lost on me but that Bumblebee is outstanding!
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren_Booth Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:15 am

Thanks Karl,
The Bloods, Borneos and Sumatrans are great snakes to keep. They get that girth that people love about Burms, but stay small and feed great. My Sumatrans were sold to a friend of mine (Ty Milsom) who owns Cotswold Reptiles, formerly Cheltenham Reptiles, and before that Aztec Reptiles. It was a funny story. I actually sold them twice. I sold them to a guy just outside Bath. I drove over as I was seeing friends in Cheltenham. Dropped them off, got the check, and left to see my friends. An hour later I get a call to say that I need to collect them. The guys (he was 20 years old), mother was afraid of them. The dad said he would cancel the check. I told him I would contact my solicitor. Anyway, the next morning the dad meets me a Cheltenham race course with the snakes and also 400 pounds cash for them. I tore up the check and left with teh money and the snakes. The guys dad was so pissed off that he took the money off his son, gave it to me, and then gave me the snakes back. I then sold them to Ty for 300, so not a bad deal in the end.

The Bumblebee is awesome but might not be staying here too long. I have been contacted by a guy wanting to offer me a great trade for it. We shall see.

Warren

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by snake_ni Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Stunning looking shorttail..........does it bit!! lol

You getting into the Royals Warren!!!!
That wee Cinnamon has some nice flames going on there Wink
the Lemon Pastel is hot Cool
Looking forward to seeing the others
Tommy
snake_ni
snake_ni
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren_Booth Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi Tommy,
I have always like ball pythons. I kept and bred them a number of times when I leved in Belfast. This first time being about 10 or 11 years ago now. Back in Belfast I had Het albinos, genetic black backs, and the first yellow belly to be imported into the country. It cost a fortune.... Anyway, after I while I got bored of the fussy nature of ball pythons and sold the majority of my group to Paul Harris. A few months ago I was offered some in trade and accepted as I have wanted to get yellow-bellies again. Those and the black pastel and lemon pastel are the only ones I am interested in keeping, simply because I can make ivories, pastel ivories, eventually super black pastels, pewters, and the main thing I want, yellow belly black pastels. Believe it or not, I just arranged a trade today for the bumblebee, the pair of pastel poss het albino, and a graziani pastel female. Got a really nice adult breeding male CA motley boa and a few other things coming this weekend.

Warren

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by snake_ni Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Never seen an Ivory in the flesh, but been told by others that have seen them they are absolutely stunning.
10 years on Warren, from you kept and bred royals in Belfast, & Ball Python Morphs are still like hens teeth!
Tommy
snake_ni
snake_ni
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren_Booth Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Tommy,
It still blows me away. 15 years ago there was the best shop in Ireland, and that was City Reptiles when Victor Carruthers owned it. It was a totally different era, and Tony Wilson can attest to that. It was not a case of owning as much as you can, it was a case of owning and breeding a species. I really can't describe it, but I recall the day bringing my first adult ball python home. She was beautiful.
Anyway, thats just me thinking back to the old days (and I am only 31), lol. 15 years ago reptile keeping in Belfast and the UK was a very different story. I now look at a bumblebee ball python as just another snake, whereas ten years ago would have result in me losing sleep for months.

Warren

Last edited by Warren_Booth on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by snake_ni Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 am

Warren_Booth wrote:Tommy,
It still blows me away. 15 years ago there was the best shot in Ireland, and that was City Reptiles when Victor Carruthers owned it. It was a totally different era, and Tony Wilson can attest to that. It was not a case of owning as much as you can, it was a case of owning and breeding a species. I really can't describe it, but I recal the day bringing my first adult ball python home. She was beautiful.
Anyway, thats just me thinking back to the old days (and I am only 31), lol. 15 years ago reptile keeping in Belfast and the UK was a very different story. I now look at a bumblebee ball python as just another snake, whereas ten years ago would have result in me losing sleep for months.

Warren
Bought my first ever snakes (2 King snakes) from City Reptiles, around 8 years a go......met Tony & his son 2 weeks back (real sound guy) & were talking about City Reptiles back then, it's changed a lot, sells mostly beardies now!.
Tommy
snake_ni
snake_ni
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content