Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad story

5 posters

Go down

Sad story Empty Sad story

Post by St3ve76 Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am

Another sad story of a baby killed by irresponsible parents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Sad story Empty Re: Sad story

Post by herpfreakuk Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:39 am

funny how most of these happen in america, similar with hots, some americans really shouldnt have reptiles like this

herpfreakuk

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 am

herpfreakuk wrote:funny how most of these happen in america, similar with hots, some americans really shouldnt have reptiles like this

quite a silly thing to say 'most americans shouldnt have reptiles like this'. apparently 12 people have been kkilled by large constrictors in the past 30 years. seein as america has x times the amount of people that ireland or most other places have, this probably isnt to bad. how many people have been killed in car wrecks here or anywhere? should most people not have cars, or even cross roads? probably sounded ok in your head, but sounded silly to me as im sure it would to 'most' people..........
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by herpfreakuk Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 am

trunx wrote:
herpfreakuk wrote:funny how most of these happen in america, similar with hots, some americans really shouldnt have reptiles like this

quite a silly thing to say 'most americans shouldnt have reptiles like this'. apparently 12 people have been kkilled by large constrictors in the past 30 years. seein as america has x times the amount of people that ireland or most other places have, this probably isnt to bad. how many people have been killed in car wrecks here or anywhere? should most people not have cars, or even cross roads? probably sounded ok in your head, but sounded silly to me as im sure it would to 'most' people..........

if you look back i said some americans not most

herpfreakuk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:22 pm

like some irish, nowegians, french, germans, auzzies etc. still silly.....................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by herpfreakuk Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:04 pm

yeah i was just saying that most the animals attacking children stories you hear seem to come from america

herpfreakuk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by solid9 Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:09 pm

I only have a few words on this subject. First off bad husbandry and secondly is it any wonder we as herp keepers get such bad press. This kind of thing is whats gonna make it harder and harder for any of us to keep the animals we adore.(I'm not being heartless obviously it's terrible what happened to the child but surely it could have very easily been avoided with some common sense techniques).

solid9

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Some 'PEOPLE' should not have any animal in thier possession that could potentially cause harm to another or simply some animals should just not be kept captive by many people. This being said in this case (as in many) it is a very sad story and I am sure the parents of the child will never ever forget the mistake they made as it has cost them dearly.

There are two main reasons I refuse to keep big snakes, one I am fearful of a bite (silly as that may seem to many) but more importantly I am very fearful for my children and their safety. You must remember to err is human and we are ALL fallible no matter how methodical we are in our routines and checks.
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content