Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look

+2
squeakzor
JoeR
6 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Corns

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look  Empty Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look

Post by JoeR Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:17 pm

I found this in Link's tub tonight.....what the heck could it be??? I'm going insane thinking it could be something really bad...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr
Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look  864677

It's hard, has no smell and I found it approx. 20 minutes ago....What the HECK is it?
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look  Empty Re: Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:20 pm

firstly, sorry i have absolutely no idea, but i was wondering, is it anything to do with his marks in the other thread? i know its highly unlikely but just was thinking.
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look  Empty Re: Found the weirdest thing in Links tub, please look

Post by JoeR Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I was thinking the same but I doubt it...although saying that I have no idea and am as clueless as you are....
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:24 pm

is the mark still on her tail yea? hopefully someone will be able to help tomorrow when they're on more
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 pm

It is man, but it seems to be going, although I'm not sure if it is going or if I'm imagining things if you get me lol
And the first thing I thought when I saw it was HOLY **** it's an egg! But I thought, nahhhhhhhh shes never been mated with but someone on another forum says it looks like an un-fertilised egg....and corns sometimes lay eggs without mating, so maybe...I never even had a freaking lay box with any moss in :( I feel horrible 'cos I was handling her a lot recently too, probably been freaking her out :(
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

yea i know what you mean, time will tell with that one,

and yea i was looking at that too, thought it looked a bit like an egg, but thought they were white, didnt no what corn eggs looked like, but its good you found out, and that she layed one, so now you can sort out a lay box in case she has more,
i'm getting a corn for my gf soon, so glad i came across this and found out that happens!
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

and you cant really blame yourself, you werent to know that she would be having eggs, especially having never mated!
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I would definitely say slug (unfertilised egg) Joe. Let us know how you get on and if there are any more - is she settled now?
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks mate :) I'll go put together a lay box and see if I can find any suitable substrate for one as I've nothing here at all...and if it is an egg I suppose one good thing I know now is that he's a she !!
@Lisa, I'm gonna try find some stuff to put in it and check for more eggs
I'll keep ye posted on it and she seems ok, was terribly flighty and agitated when I came upon the ''egg'' though, god I hope shes ok
Thanks guys :)
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:40 pm

yea, its always nice to know the sex of your rep lol

and yea let us know if you think she got more coming, and if she passes them ok!
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Got her into a big snake cave full of damp kitchen roll, shes chilling in it now and when she went in there was an egg right at her vent so shes ready to blow !!!!
Oh god I fele slightly relieved and really ashamed at the same time, cannot believe I never noticed like.....I thought your meant to be able to feel eggs in there bellies and stuff, god :(
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 pm

ah thats good, best thing for her now!
and well i think you probably didnt notce as it was probably the last thing you'd expect, whereas from now on it will be n your head and you'll be more aware, loads of ppl on here will tell you the biggest way they learn is from their own mistakes or experoences, and well this is you now learning, and i'm sure link will be fine now she laying them safely now Very Happy
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:03 am

so joe, how did the egg laying go? she manage ok?
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:08 am

I've not yet looked into her tub but I might have to go take a verry sneaky peek just to make sure shes OK...she got very vicious when I went in last night tho, striking, hissing, tail vibrating but it might be best to go for a look
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 am

Yea, nothing more than a wee peak for now, and then later after she's rested for a while you can have a wee feel, just to check they're all out, keep us updated mate
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 am

OK, so I went in for a look and she was laying on these, totally mellowed out, didn't mind me poking around at all !!

So small lol
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 am

Ah so you had a good feel around? Come across nothing? Great! Now just time to get her fed after she rests, and they are tiny!
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am

Yep, I didn't feel anything, although I'm totally inexperienced so heres hoping it was just a teeny clutch!! I'll give her a good feeding Thursday, I won't rush anything! and I wonder if they were fertilised would they be bigger..!!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 am

Yea, sounds like the best idea, and I don't think they would come out any bigger, but do they grow when in incubation for a while? I'm just as inexperienced as you with this sort of thing haha
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 am

I think so lol
But like you, I've no idea:P
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squeakzor Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 am

Just noticed you're going to have to change your sig, under link it says 'unsexed' and well I think we all know now! Haha
squeakzor
squeakzor
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 am

Done Very Happy
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hedwigdan Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 am

are you going to keep the eggs? I was wondering if this might happen with my corn who we think is a female......
she was probably just being protective over her clutch when she was all angry earlier...

hedwigdan
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 am

I'll try, but they'll probably just go all weird and gross on me lol
and apparently this is pretty rare to happen, I'm glad it did 'cos now I know it's a girl so I'm gonna either find myself a nice male or borrow a male off of a friend.
And yeah I'd say thats exactly why shes been so ratty !
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hedwigdan Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 am

if you want to keep them try preserving them in alcohol...
Just fill up a jar with some sort of alcohol (pure alcohol is best) and drop in the eggs it should keep forever.
if my corn turns out to be a male ill let ya know! lol jk

hedwigdan
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next