Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics

+9
JoeR
trunx
Tony.g
snake_ni
Phil
lisafay
jonty
Tan
matt
13 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Boas

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics

Post by Phil Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 am

I love salmons,and thats a cracker
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics

Post by matt Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:05 am

same here phil, Ive always liked salmons myself. I should have taken a male off you when I had the chance, but in reality, I was too skint at the time Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 772154

Theres always the next batch i suppose!

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:22 am

mate that boa is outstanding! hope even 1 of mine turn out that well.

got something in the pipeline for the hypo,so fingers crossed mate.

the dog eh, don't think i can do it!................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 am

Jesus Matt shes so beautiful!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:35 am

As already mentioned they are some stunning Boas! Looking forward to your future projects. Are you and polrep still going in on some breedings together?
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-16

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 am

Cheers lads.

No, this was the only pair myself and Polrep/Pacman went 50/50 on. I own both of these now.

As far as other breeding projects, I would like to complete my trio of Nics this year, and find a nice male for my two females; Id really like to bag a proper super hypo male for them. I know the T+ Albino are great looking boas, but I just love hypos!

There won't be any breeding from the Hog Islands this year, but I'd be very hopeful for next year. I bought those two as grown on adults and expected them to breed, but I was too hasty, and now i know I should have waited till I had them in my care a bit longer.

The male dropped a sperm plug in the last week so I know he'll be up to the job. I'm just going to build up the female slow and steady this year, and try them at the end of the year.

Cheers Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 792195

Last edited by matt on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:27 am

It's images like this that make me wish I had a Salmon :) but what a snake. I'd be over the moon to own one as pretty as that.
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 am

Cheers for the kind words Tan, appreciated as always!

Yeah I think its about time you got on the Salmon bandwagon, although that Bamboo ratsnake you have will tide you over till you get one!
Now thats a special looking snake, I think people will get into them this year big time!
Not exactly giving them away,but when compared to the sky high prices of some snakes these days, those coxii are good value for money for what you get.

Cheers

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Fab post shed pic Matt Wink
You're doing a great job with her, she's in good hands x
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Cheers Lisa, she chomped a medium rat last night, big feed for her, and I don't think she's ready for that size on a permanent basis just yet, but she tackled it with ease; just left her a little incapacitated today!

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 am

That is gorgeous!!! Look at the colour of the tail. Beautiful animal altogether Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 792195
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:41 am

Matt that is one good looking boa.
Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 864677
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029

Back to top Go down

Post by chappers Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 pm

there looking good matt, i do prefer the sharp over the kahl albinos. not 100% sure why. lol
still wee bit of growing to do yet but theyll be ready soon enough. the waitings the hard part.

still debaiting on trying my pair this year, the males ready and willing, was spurring my arm the other week, females could maybe do another bita weight on her, but well see.

good luck.
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Well all the best with them when you decide to try them together Paul, looking forward to seeing them reproduce for you.

Another pic here, I had the photobucket open, might as well throw one up

Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 251420 gives me an excuse to use this smiley too haha!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Colours starting to get stronger with age, which is nice to see, and although he is a slow grower, about 3 foot, 2009 animal, I'm happy to see him starting to fill out too. No stranger to a hearty feed this one!

*Small edit to this post here*
Reading through one of my other comments on here, i said the male was under two and a half foot, don't know where i got that figure, measured him the other day, just a shade under 3 foot, he's a monster haha

Last edited by matt on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Stuning Matt.
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

lisafay wrote:Stuning Matt.

Ah well what can I say, you had a part to play in me owning this boa, whether you knew it at the time or not, so cheers for picking him out!
lol!

You have a PM on Herp Ireland by the way Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 1915

I almost typed "The Other Place" there by mistake, I've grown accustomed to doing that when talking about another forum haha

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Haha! Dodgy dealings Very Happy
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:24 pm

lisafay wrote:Haha! Dodgy dealings Very Happy

Read your reply there Lisa, have to say, apart from the disgraceful shenanigans, it was an interesting read
Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 539738

We'll draw a line under it now though, last thing this thread needs is an off topic discussion about how certain vegetables are detrimental to your health
Exclamation Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 766969

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 am

Absolutely beautiful, keep those images coming Matt Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 792195
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

can i borrow your male and put some baby sharps in my het shrp female? Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 939388 lol

when you expecting to breed them cuz im after a hypo het sharp as im breeding hets sharps this yr or next, aint decided yet.....lol
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Alright hudsy,

I won't be putting these two together till at least late 2012, sorry mate!

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:27 pm

i should be producing the sharps that year myself....
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

hudsy13 wrote:i should be producing the sharps that year myself....

Cool, good luck with them buddy !

Just wondering mate, were your hets Irish bred, or UK imports?

(when i say UK, i meant over across the water Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 772154 )

If they were bred on the island, is there any chance you could rell me who bred them. PM if you don't want to say on this thread Albino & Salmon pair - A few updated pics - Page 2 792195

(or don't PM at all if you don't want to tell haha )

Cheers dude!

Matt

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2