Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

project moonglow

5 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Boas

Go down

project moonglow Empty project moonglow

Post by inkriminate Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 am

hey guys we are planning to breed our boas once we get everything sorted out, ( i.e racks and the boas we want)
we've decided to try and have moonglows in 2012. i think these snakes are absolute stunners in everyway.
i dont know of anyone over here that owns one of these beautys, so what do you guys reckon?
would you like to see some moonglows in the future?
inkriminate
inkriminate
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2010-05-03

http://essjay-reptile-rescue.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

project moonglow Empty Re: project moonglow

Post by chappers Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:20 am

if you do pull it off ull be the first id say, considering there aint any sunglows at the minute unless youve jus got one.

theres only been a couple in mainland to breed them this year aswell. oh and there all khal moonglows.
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by inkriminate Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 am

there's a few sunglows available that we've located on mainland but we're not sure which way we're gonna go yet
inkriminate
inkriminate
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2010-05-03

http://essjay-reptile-rescue.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chappers Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 am

khal sunglows are readily available can get them for around £900ish for decent neonate, sharp sunglows arent so much, theres a few about tho, i know of an 09 going for £1300. and few 10s for £1200.

ill be breeding a poss het sunglow ,shell be almost 4 by then, to my sharp albino male next year so if she proves out ill have some sharp sunglows hopefully, project moonglow 990653
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren_Booth Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 am

The reason we do not see a lot of Moonglows is that they have actually been quite disappointing. What people wanted was a whiter, brighter snow. But what they got, was an animal that to the untrained eye was difficult to tell apart from a snow. My interest in them is solely in their genetic potential in future crosses, not as a boa of great beauty. Snows and moonglows often look like really dull albinos.

Warren

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:42 pm

chappers wrote:if you do pull it off ull be the first id say, considering there aint any sunglows at the minute unless youve jus got one.

theres only been a couple in mainland to breed them this year aswell. oh and there all khal moonglows.

A friend of mine in dublin has a lovely sunglow- she's had him for about 4 yrs i think Wink
Unless you mean nobody's bred them here?
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:22 am

im plannin on bringin in a 3yr old 7ft female sunglow at the end of the summer but i need a job and some snakes have to go

and if someone was to lend me a albino male to breed her with id be willing to pay them wen the litter arive or sort somthin out
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren_Booth Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:56 am

hudsy13 wrote:im plannin on bringin in a 3yr old 7ft female sunglow at the end of the summer but i need a job and some snakes have to go

and if someone was to lend me a albino male to breed her with id be willing to pay them wen the litter arive or sort somthin out

I have often found that it can take several years to get an adult female to bred or at least produce healthy young. I thought this was only me, but after talking to a few friends and larger breeders they confirmed this. In my opinion, the way forward is to buy healthy babies or yearlings, and raise them up slowly. You will get a better litter, longer reproductive lifespan, and more satisfaction. Additionally, I also find it interesting that someone would sell an adult Sunglow or other morph. This is often a sign of breeding failure in the animal. My advice would be to move forward carefully. Buy some healthy, unrelated (i.e. from different breeders), babies or yearlings, enjoy raising them, then get the satisfation of breeding.

Warren

Warren_Booth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:59 am

i ment the followin yr when shes 4
and im sweet talkin him into selling her as hes changing from boas to royals
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Warren_Booth wrote:The reason we do not see a lot of Moonglows is that they have actually been quite disappointing. What people wanted was a whiter, brighter snow. But what they got, was an animal that to the untrained eye was difficult to tell apart from a snow. My interest in them is solely in their genetic potential in future crosses, not as a boa of great beauty. Snows and moonglows often look like really dull albinos.

Warren

Shows how much of it is down to personal taste.
I think moonglows are breathtaking. I would say there would be plenty more around if they were easier to produce Wink
On the other hand, I have no interest in regular sonorans or even anery type 2 sonorans project moonglow 772154
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content