Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New arboreal enclosure

2 posters

Go down

New arboreal enclosure Empty New arboreal enclosure

Post by matt Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm

A new enclosure for the Avic. versicolor, I will put her into this at apx 2" leg span, there or thereabouts...

New arboreal enclosure DSCF6302

New arboreal enclosure DSCF6286

I am going to keep it pretty basic, no plants etc, as I know how the Avic will web it up already... I will leave plants for its final enclosure.

New arboreal enclosure DSCF6288

Pretty happy with how the backdrop turned out, it was pretty easy to make, but looks well I think...

New arboreal enclosure DSCF6299

I was told by another Avic keeper who uses these enclosures that the Avics do well in them without any extra ventilation in the lid, but I might add a half dozen 3mm holes to one side of the lid, just to be safe

New arboreal enclosure DSCF6301

Looking forward to setting the spider up in here now, s/he will get a good while out of this one

Thanks for looking
New arboreal enclosure 792195

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

New arboreal enclosure Empty Re: New arboreal enclosure

Post by chappers Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Looks pretty sweet, almost makes me want to finally get my first T!!
Did you make that enclosure yourself or buy? Looks like perspex or acrylic??? Nicely made either way.
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Tue May 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Go for it man, get a T, you won't be sorry you did, they are easily the most interesting exotic i have kept to date, really rewarding to keep!

I bought the enclosure from House of Spiders, I will definitely try make some of my own sometime, but I saw these a while ago and decided these would work great for what I needed.

You're right mate, they are put together well, looking forward to putting the Avic into it now!
Cheers

matt
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down