Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is it - your opinions please....

+5
JoeR
Phil
igmillichip
jonty
morelia
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is it - your opinions please.... Empty What is it - your opinions please....

Post by morelia Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:06 am

OK, so everyone is being shy. I'll kick it off then....

I believe its something only people who have a compulsion to knit in the secrecy of the small hours suffer from......knitting by candle-light which leads to an abundance of entangled wool?

Overcoming quantum entanglement is really rather easy....reveal your hobby to everyone and switch on a light! OK so your a bloke, its OK, really....your not making it easy on yourself knitting in such a dim light, and your eyes will thank you for it in later life. Besides, sharp needles and dim light could lead to all sorts of mishaps besides some quantum entanglement.
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

What is it - your opinions please.... Empty Re: What is it - your opinions please....

Post by jonty Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

i fully believe it's a description of when you wrap up an extension lead / hose and place it neatly in the cupboard, only to come back several days later and find it strewn all ovet the place and tangled beyond belief....................That in my opinion is a quantum entanglement What is it - your opinions please.... 772154
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What is it - your opinions please.... Empty Re: What is it - your opinions please....

Post by jonty Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 am

or it could be when you get your knickers in a twist What is it - your opinions please.... 772154
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:31 am

Knitting.....there is nothing wrong with blokes knitting. Knitting is all about mathematics.
I remember watching my Honduran auntie demo some fancy crochet when a younger me was 10, and I then taught my mother how to make lace and stuff.
I designed and knitted my lads their own customised Aaron jumpers when they new born.....hard work though!!! and that should be done by old women by candle-light. :)

Quantum Entanglement......like knitting, it is all about mathemetics.
Two historic events happen to coincide. Then from each of those events, each goes its own way towards the future leaving a separate pathway of histories.
Then at some stage in the future, the pathways from each even happen to coincide once more:
Because they have a common ancestry, the pathways align to each other and interact in a manner consistent with having an common historic interaction. That interaction would be different if the pathways did not have a common historic interaction.
....it could be argued that the complete history of the pathways is linked but that linkage is only brought about if there is a future crossing of pathways.
Thus, that may indicate that the future could dictate, moderate or communicate with the past.

If we step out of our front door, our next step could be anywhere within the universe. However, the probability is that the next step will be within a range of a normal stride.....ie we are more likely to go from where we have been that we are to go from where we have not been.
Every step is a consequence of the preceding one.

But even taking that we are only likely to step within a strides distance (according to mathematics), then we don't have an infinite number of futures in all probability. However, the number of different futures we have for each step is one type of infinity. We will take each each probably step at the same time as any other probably step thereby each step is an event that forms a infinitie number of futures....these futures are really different universes.
Each future/universe will exist at the same time but in a different spatial plane.....but what happens if one of those futures happens to coincide?
Is it:
a) total communication with the past, present and future, or is it
b) total annihilation?

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:50 pm

What is it - your opinions please.... 1915 What is it - your opinions please.... 680451 this is fasinating stuff people,i can certainly see why such a topic got its own section What is it - your opinions please.... 680451 What is it - your opinions please.... 694263
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 pm

I is also confused lol!
Whats Tan's take on all this then ?!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Now there's two blokes who need to do some needlecraft classes.

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I'm gonna go for (b) please Ian - Total Annihilation. Final answer.
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

igmillichip wrote:Now there's two blokes who need to do some needlecraft classes.

I used to make pices of rope with wool using a cork with a hole down the middle and 5 nails.
Do you think this will help any?
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WAMA Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:30 am

Fshing Line snags....... hey presto

WAMA
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 am

Phil wrote:
igmillichip wrote:Now there's two blokes who need to do some needlecraft classes.

I used to make pices of rope with wool using a cork with a hole down the middle and 5 nails.

.....dare I ask what the rope was used for? And if the nails where re-used too? What is it - your opinions please.... 175403
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm

morelia wrote:
Phil wrote:

.....dare I ask what the rope was used for? And if the nails where re-used too? What is it - your opinions please.... 175403

@Morellia...you know it's dangerous to ask about anything with an S&M twist here. :)

@Phil.... I know the gadget you're on about. Loads of the girls at my primary school used to have the things.....looked a bit like South Park's Mr Hankey only in different colours.

Talking of entanglements and school games with the girls.....skipping: two girls with two ropes and you had to do dancey tricks between the 2 ropes......??....disaster.

Another one: Cat's Craddles. What's all that about?

But what about Quantum Entropy.....a big mess? when at primary school there was a rave of either doing Origami or making massive woolen Pom Poms (don't ask why).
So you get 2 massive pieces of card. Make both like a donut. Put them together and keep winding wool (it's called a toroid for those who like to speak techno), then when the toroid was about 2 feet wide you'd try to cut it round its circumference to make a mega Pom Pom (that would have impressed the girls).
But, you just got a silly comment from the teacher like...."that won't work". I didn't, but that's not the point.

Time for bed and to get tangled in the sheets as well.

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 am

[quote="igmillichip"]
morelia wrote:
Phil wrote:

@Morellia...you know it's dangerous to ask about anything with an S&M twist here. :)

@Phil.... I know the gadget you're on about. Loads of the girls at my primary school used to have the things.....looked a bit like South Park's Mr Hankey only in different colours.

MMMMMMMMMM,The rope i used to make was made in black,i would then attach it to the back of my black cap so that it looked like a very long ponytail(so obviously not very girlie at all and nothing like the pretty little coloured ropes the girls made at Ians primary school!).I would wear this cap and cool looking ponytail type thing along with some dyed black combat gear(trousers,3 shirts and a coat) and a huge pair of pure white basket ball boots on my feet.I know what your thinking,WOW that sounds soooo cool.I also had quite long hair,as long if not longer than most girls i new.Every friday night my friends and i would head into belfast and hang out drinking cider at blackstaff square.We would listen to loud fast aggressive music and shake our heads violently which would leave my long hair in a right mess!!

Last edited by Phil on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 am

"I know what your thinking,WOW that sounds soooo cool."

Hahahahaha - eh, nope! I nearly spat my tea all over the computer screen there. NOW I know what the nails where used for What is it - your opinions please.... 772154
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 am

morelia wrote:"I know what your thinking,WOW that sounds soooo cool."

Hahahahaha - eh, nope! I nearly spat my tea all over the computer screen there. NOW I know what the nails where used for What is it - your opinions please.... 772154

yes,yes,but was my hair Quantum Entangled!?! What is it - your opinions please.... 694263
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

Maybe the state of confusion my head is in tryong to understand what exactally Quantum Entanglement is,is actually Quantum Entanglement What is it - your opinions please.... 694263
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Phil wrote:Maybe the state of confusion my head is in tryong to understand what exactally Quantum Entanglement is,is actually Quantum Entanglement What is it - your opinions please.... 694263

I'm sure I put it in plane english....nothing brain-stewing there.
Just think about.
Think hard about it; try to reconcile it
Conceive within your minds eye an inconceivable conception.
Gestate that conception through to parturition....you'll see the light.

(my goodness that sounds like one of my song lyrics of dry thoughts being spewed upon paper)

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 pm

I dunno about classes Ian, ye all certainly need to start reading a book or something though lol!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Thats it, I'm going back to knitting in the dark....
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:49 pm

lol!
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by naja-naja Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:43 pm

why does it have its own section!!!!

naja-naja
Unemployed
Unemployed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:59 pm

naja-naja wrote:why does it have its own section!!!!

I know,very strange,but with 20 posts and 168 views! isn't doing well
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Your the best poster Phil.....have you a dark interest you'd like to share?
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

@Naja.....you've just made yourself sound like a real outsider and not being in the know. :)

On another rather cryptic thread, Tan made a reference to Quantum Entanglement; I made a comment that it should have its own section....and Tan, being Tan, made the Section. She's the boss and showed her dominant side. :) Here is the section.

@Phil...@Morellia....yeah, Phil does seem to be hanging around here a lot.

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 am

What is it - your opinions please.... IMAG0041

I reckon I have found Quantum Entanglement lol!
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum