Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Black Pastel

+5
Phil
lisafay
Tan
chappers
midori
9 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Go down

Baby Black Pastel Empty Baby Black Pastel

Post by midori Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:14 am

I hatched this little guy a couple of weeks ago, I am gutted he is not a girl as he would definitely be staying with me then, but not sure I can keep a boy and will be keeping one or two others from the clutch.

I am even more pleased with him than I would have been as I bought his pewter Mum as a cinny pewter, so wasn't expecting any black pastels. Nice suprise!

Rubbish pic, taken for someone. He had his first feed last night, so didn't want to disturb him too much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

midori
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Baby Black Pastel Empty Re: Baby Black Pastel

Post by chappers Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:53 am

what a stonkingly great looking royal!!

credit to you!!
chappers
chappers
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 am

Oh I want!!! Lovely looking boy
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 am

He's awesome looking Kirsty, saw pics somewhere else and it's a fab clutch. Must be more due to hatch soon?
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by midori Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 am

Thanks guys, I really am pleased with him.

Lisafay, I am just waiting for two babies from a YB x normal clutch to come out their eggs. Sadly, lost one egg early on. Looks like two very bright YB's, but won't really know until they come out. Then I have a pin x bee clutch to hatch sometime towards the end of next week and a ghost x cinny clutch to still be laid!

Are you pairing anything this year?

midori
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:51 am

Very nice Wink

Loads of my males are ready this yr, but majority of morph females are another yr away yet so patience I guess.
I'll put a few of the males with two normal females this yr and see what happens. They'll really come into their own next yr tho, I hope.

I'm still trying to figure out if we can get together the funds for a rather special project from a friend - they're ready to breed now, and if we managed to score odds with them it'd be a world first. But I'm not sure we can justifuy any more snake spending this yr :( The good ones always come along when I've just blown loads of money :(
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by midori Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 am

Don't they just! It sounds interesting anyway, I hope it works out for you.

There were a couple of things I was after this year, I seem to be female heavy. I'd hoped/am hoping to hatch a couple of things I can keep. I wasn't hoping for a blackbee, but the boy from this clutch is so nice I don't think I can let him go, especially having seen how the black pastel has turned out.

What royals have you got now?

midori
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 am

very nice Kirsty,looking forward to seeing some more hatchlings from ya.
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by snake_ni Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Thats one stunning looking wee snake Kirstie, I'd seriously think twice about letting him go!
Keep the updates going on him Wink
T
snake_ni
snake_ni
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by reptile ni Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:43 pm

great looking snake kirsti well done and good luck for the rest

reptile ni
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:37 am

midori wrote:Don't they just! It sounds interesting anyway, I hope it works out for you.

There were a couple of things I was after this year, I seem to be female heavy. I'd hoped/am hoping to hatch a couple of things I can keep. I wasn't hoping for a blackbee, but the boy from this clutch is so nice I don't think I can let him go, especially having seen how the black pastel has turned out.

What royals have you got now?

I can't wait to get started making some nice babies for ourselves!
I'm sure to leave soomething out, but we've got 0.4 normals, 1.0 bee, 1.1 pastels, 1.0 spider, 0.1 VPI axanthic, 1.1 fires, 1.0 clown, 0.1 het clown, 0.1 pied, 0.1 lesser, 0.1 mojave, 1.0 phantom. I'm sure there's something else, but that's the bulk of it.
Now I just need to reduce my retic spending...
I just love what the black pastel gene can do in general. Looking forward to seeing how your other clutchs this yr come out, you're on a roll!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by midori Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:19 am

Thanks Lisa.

Sounds like your collection of royals is coming along fab! Are you breeding your phantom male this year or is he a baby? Some brilliant combos there eventually, very exciting!

midori
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

They are just so easy to keep, (once they're feeding) and take up so little space, david could go on collecting them forever and I'm starting to get addicted also!
The phantom is only a baby, but he's feeding like a trooper so as long as he stays that way he might be ready mid next yr, we'll see! I really want for my mojave female to be up to size for him though. She's a terrible feeder :(

Do you have anything new or exciting? I'm actually starting to find the whole cinnie/pastel thing rather fascinating...so many endless combos. I'll have a silver bullet thank you, if you manage to produce one!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by midori Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 am

I have an 08 mojo girl here at around 500g. I'd hate her if she wasn't so pretty... Good luck getting the phantom and mojo up to size.

I don't have anything exiting really, nothing new either excep the lesser and two pretty normal girls. I am after a couple of things, but all hard to get hold of, so having to wait. I'm also pretty short of space now too really. In the process of relocating rodents to a shed and then moving the snakes into a different room. I should really let everything except the royals go, but am attached to the Dumerils and a few corns I have to keep, so finding it hard.

I'm going to hold some things back from my clutches if I'm lucky and get what I'm after and then see what next year brings I think.

midori
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am

lordy - our mojo girl is an 09 and about that weight. She's fasting at the moment, driving me wrong, and is a live feeder in any case. My female pastel is a 550g 08 though!
I get attached to animals also, and me being addicted to retics is rather problematic. I also insist on keeping my burms as pets, boas,all the lizards etc. The royals are all going into racking, so that sorts space for them.

I'm same as, hoping to make some nice babies for myself with retics and royals in the next yr or two Wink
I could do with my royal females getting up to size though! We had arranged to bring in some adults from Pete Kahl earlier in yr, he pulled out and I blew the money on retics and boas Baby Black Pastel 772154
Best wishes with your other clutches this yr Wink

Lisa
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 am

Super Royals! I like the Spider especially!

Forgive me for being a Royal morph noob, but how dies a black pastel differ from a normal pastel? Is it a variant of the pastel gene or a different gene entirely?
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:16 am

Black pastel is a separate morph to other pastels, Karl. Interestingly enough, it is allelic with cinnamon morph in royals - therefore the surprise Kirsty got when she discovered her Pewter female was a blackpastel/pastel as opposed to a cinnamon/pastel.
Very nice surprise, as far as I'm concerned!

oooh - should have added that this is the gene responsible for making the famous 'panda pied' - super black pastel+pied makes a true black and white pied. I want one to match my horse Very Happy
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:45 am

wow midori he is amazing!!