Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you keep your slings in?

3 posters

Go down

What do you keep your slings in? Empty What do you keep your slings in?

Post by JoeR Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 pm

As above, also if anyone has any pictures of things they've previously kept slings in it would be appreciated
I have a few different size Vials that are used for medicine handy, but they aren't clear...they're brown in colour (ye know the ones)
I've googled the hell out of the sling i am getting and there care, and general sling care also so i'm OK in that respect.
Also, even though i know vials, baby food jars, condiment holders are all good things that can be modified for slings, any other ideas also greatly appreciated Very Happy
Joe.
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

What do you keep your slings in? Empty Re: What do you keep your slings in?

Post by moloch gibbon Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Joe, I'll try to post some pics of my various sling tubs asap. I've started most of them off in old film canisters, then progressed as they grew into various tubberware-type tubs with ventilation holes added.
moloch gibbon
moloch gibbon
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks Moloch :)
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 pm

I remember getting a chinese before (takeout mmmmmm!) and one of the cylindrical polystyrene tubs the sauce came in looks pretty useful for a T, just need to get some holes on the top, add substrate and it should be good, it may be a bit big though...no pictures of it as of yet though, still waiting but i doubt i'll get them, so i'll keep it in whatever it's in during transport for a while if possible
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Hes coming Wednesday or Thursday!!!
Sweeeeeet!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:47 pm

moloch gibbon wrote:Joe, I'll try to post some pics of my various sling tubs asap. I've started most of them off in old film canisters, then progressed as they grew into various tubberware-type tubs with ventilation holes added.

@Moloch......what are those things called "old film canisters"? What do you keep your slings in? 726292

JoeR.....in the days when film canisters were plentiful, that is what I'd keep mine in.
But, to what size spider and what species is also another question.

I'd recommend that if you decide to go for T's such as ornamentals then you move them to a much better system than a simple temporary sling-container quite soon.
At about the size of 1.5 to 2 inches I move my ornamentals into special mini-vivs to allow safe transfer to a bigger viv. I make these out of the cheap picture frame glass you can get in euro or pound-zone shops (dirt cheap).
Here is my viv design for a small ornamental Ts.
What do you keep your slings in? PokieViv_empty

For other T's use freezer and microwave safe plastic tubs....but not yellow-flexi ones (as they may contain a toxic substance). Do not, however, microwave your plastic tubs unless you for sure that they do not release toxic substances.
Have a sniff......any smell of almonds? leave it alone.

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks Ian
The species has changed.....i was meant to receive a Brachypelma Albiceps( i Love Brachypelmas!)I'll still get one of these anyways next year
But, instead the person the T's has been delivered to (i won't have the T's(yes Plural.I was meant to get one, i'll explain) in Dublin is sending them tomorrow hopefully.
Anyways i am now getting a Big Bend Gold (Aphonopelma caniceps) and a Brazilian Salmon Pink Tarantula (Lasiodora parahybana) as the person i did the order with doesn't want it as they got it free with the shipment...LOL
So, now i am facing the addition of these two new slings....I have some Microwaveable tubs but i think i will go out tomorrow and get a bunch more of smaller sizes to be 100% sure i'm covered, but i asked for some pics of what they are in now for shipping and them themselves if at all possible so i can determine exactly what i need, no bother though they will be ok for a day or two in what they were shipped in until i sort them if i don't get pics.
Ian i am also considering a pokie after Christmas (end of february when i can get them online) so i may ask for help on them specifically then, especially on set-ups, they are amazing T's and i love old world T's more than New world with regards to there appearance!
Thanks,
Joe.
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down