Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treasurer vacancy!

Go down

Treasurer vacancy! Empty Treasurer vacancy!

Post by morelia Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Dear H.S.I. Member,

The Herpetological Society of Ireland has a vacancy on the Committee for the position of Honorary Treasurer..

Firstly, we will express a Thank You to our former Treasurer for working with us through the Steering period of the Society.

We wish to hear from persons interested in taking up the position of Treasurer as soon as possible.

•The normal duties of the Treasurer will be to maintain correct and accurate records of the Finances of the Society.
•You will be in charge of the Society Bank account.
•As Treasurer, you will be involved with our continuing pursuit of full Charitable Status.
•As a member and Officer of the Committee, you will be actively involved in decision making in this newly formed society.
•Your title will be Treasurer or Honorary Treasurer.

There are requirements that a prospective Treasurer must fulfil. Most of these are standard requirements and not just specific to The Herpetological Society of Ireland:

For applicants, the Honorary Treasurer:

•Must be able to manage rudimentary financial accounts, and manage a Bank Account.
•Must be Over 18 years of age upon application.
•Must not be judged Bankrupt, and must not have any other order, or similar, barring them from holding an office of governance or other forms of directorship.
•Must be a full member of the Society, or be prepared to join as a full member.
•Must agree to be a member of the Society Committee.

In addition to normal requirements, the applicant:

•Shall have some commitment available in the early stage of a new society.
•Shall be available to ordinarily attend Committee meetings held within the Dublin area.
•Having some form of interest in Herpetology may be an advantage, but this is not mandatory for this position.

Please contact myself or the Honorary Secretary if you are interested in this position or if you have any queries.

You may use e-mail for application.

igmillichip@yahoo.co.uk or ian.millichip@ucd.ie or secretary@thehsi.org
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum