Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a breeder in

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a breeder in Empty Looking for a breeder in

Post by caztec Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi I'm loking for a DEW, true Salt and peppers, or blacks . can anyone please point me in the right direction? Or tell me th enames of any breeders in Ireland?

thanks

caztec

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Looking for a breeder in Empty Re: Looking for a breeder in

Post by Tan Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:02 pm

There are only two Algerian Blacks in Ireland and are currently not being bred, many breeders have S&P in both Southern & Northern Ireland and I take it you mean Dark eyed white by DEW which we refered to as Platinums and currently Ireland has none if these.
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by caztec Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi yes sorry I meant Dark Eyed White, here is my little man although the photo doesn't do him justice as he just annointed.

[img]Looking for a breeder in DSCF5175[/img]

[img]Looking for a breeder in DSCF5176[/img]

would u mind passing on contact details of the people with the S+ and also blacks

caztec

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Your hog is a lovely Brown White and the Blacks are owned by me along with some S&P, we do have a few other owners one of which is a member on here and he too has S&Ps.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by caztec Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi I'm not really sure what you mean by a Brown white? In the UK he is classed as DEW. As I said the photos don't do him justice. His skin is black as is his nose, ears, shoulders etc. Unfortunately they weren't taken in the best light and the flash was on, but I'm hoping to have another camera in a few weeks . His colour has also been confirmed by registered breeders . Its a shame the photos don't show how striking his dark skin is against his quills.

Anyway would you consider adding me to your list, I'm happy to provide references etc. Hopefully those with S+P colours will come across this post

caztec

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:30 am

No matter where in the world, be it Ireland, England or the USA we have only ONE colour chart for the hogs. Ireland has a branch of the IHR as does the UK, although I am sure you like many others think it is a UK registry they are in fact a branch just like we are and ALL hogs registered with us/them are passed to the main data base in the US.

Without sounding rude a registered breeder does not mean a colour expert (anyone can register as a breeder & you would not believe the amount of people who get it wrong). I came to my conclusion based on the colour classification requirements and based on your hogs over all appearance, the most noticeable thing is the blue Sclera which you can clearly around the brown Iris. Just for confirmation and to appease those who may disagree I sent your pictures to the woman who runs the IHR in the USA a couple of hours ago and she too has come back with Brown eyed White.

I shall contact a few of our registered breeders for you and get back to you soon :)
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by caztec Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 am

thanks appreciate it Looking for a breeder in 495239 Looking for a breeder in 495239

No don't worry
I dont think your being rude lol! he couled be pink with blue spots I still love him :kisskiss:

caztec

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:14 pm

lol!
Tan
Tan

Female