Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My boa steals my shoes!

5 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Boas

Go down

My boa steals my shoes! Empty My boa steals my shoes!

Post by Choobaine Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 pm

This was my first, and is currently my only boa and she means the world to me. I may have quite a collection of invertebrates but I have very few snakes simply because my health isn't great right now and I don't want to risk taking on more than I can handle. Still, my reptiles play a very important part in my life, they help me deal with several chronic illnesses and give me a reason to live, they may be just snakes but they're the best therapy there is for me, consequently I make sure they get the best care imaginable. This one, individual snake is the very epitome of that, she is exceptionally tame and when life gets hard a little time holding, or just sitting near her does wonders. I guess I can call her a favorite.
Here's is the little lady stealing one of my shoes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She is currently just under 5 foot and lives in a 4.5 long, 1.5 deep, 1.5 high long vivarium with an interesting slanted glass panel on the front that allows for viewing from overhead. I'll have to get photographs of it at some point but the decor is only really half finished, I'm trying to go for something more natural as it is a display viv but I'm finding it SO hard to find good furniture for it.

Also here's better photos of the young lady when she was a good bit smaller.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr
Choobaine
Choobaine
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2011-08-10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/choobaine/

Back to top Go down

My boa steals my shoes! Empty Re: My boa steals my shoes!

Post by morelia Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Stunning boa Sofia, those pics show it off perfectly - what camera do you use?
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Wonderfully powerful post and great images. I like listening to others who also find a therapeutic side to one or all of their animals. It's amazing the calming and almost indescribable feeling one can get from a moment shared with an animal and this post just proves my point further (one I've made many times over the years at talks etc...to adults & children alike) that it does not have to be a Cat or Dog in order to have that effect and impact on someones life.

I have to ask about the tattoo, I'm nosy like that lol loving the hieroglyph style, is it a sickle?
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Choobaine Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:45 am

Aw thanks! I just use my boyfriend's Nikon D40x, I hope to get some better photos of her at some point but she has a habit of changing colour as many boas do, so some times in the day she just isn't pretty but when she is at her lightest she takes my breath away!

Tan, you do talks? That's really cool! Can you tell me more?
Thank goodness for the message you teach, so many people don't understand the importance such animals can have in a person's life and of course living with a responsible keeper gives great benefit to the animal in captivity (health care, no predators etc) so the more people accept reptiles the better for everyone. Very Happy

As for the tattoo, it's a design I made myself, when I was young I had no idea I have bipolar disorder, or what it is, but I knew how it was affecting me and I designed a symbol to reflect how I felt, the very duality of existence and I liked it so much I kept it as a tattoo to remind myself how the struggle against the illness has helped me grow and learn what matters to me in life. But uh yeah over all it's just a little thing I made up :p
Choobaine
Choobaine
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2011-08-10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/choobaine/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchology Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:30 am

What a powerful set of posts and a beautiful boa x
Dutchology
Dutchology
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://www.reptiles.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 am

Fantastic looking boa
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Boas

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum