Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!

+2
Phil
dunlupo84
6 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Pythons

Go down

super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!  Empty super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!

Post by dunlupo84 Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 pm

i got my first retic staurday passed there,and i am over the moon with him,he is a super dwarf from bob clarke via lisafay and mark jd on rc community. he is the most alert guy i have,really bouncy but fantastically dosile, so active! i am truely thrilled with him. i can already see how intelligent he is.

pics to follow,need to get a few feeds in to him first.

any suggestions on a name?

dunlupo84
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!  Empty Re: super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!

Post by Phil Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm

congrates,they are awsome little dudes and BC's super dwarfs are truly tiny
Phil
Phil
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!  Empty Re: super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!

Post by lisafay Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeaaaah, you have him home!
He's a super little retic with a lovely temperment, I really enjoyed him while i had him here. Best of luck with him Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 am

Glad everything is going well so far! I was really upset with having to let him go, just ask my girlfriend. She isnt even that much of a snake fan but even she liked him.

Lisa will tell you aswell i was asking for one of these for a while.

Get the pictures up and keep me posted. Will look forward to seeing picture of him grow.

PS- Lisa, Dunlop was asking about the possibility of getting a female, dont think your dealing with Mr. Clarke these days do you think it will be easy to source one that is from this line?
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:41 am

There are a pair or two in the country close to/at breeding size I believe, so the next yr or two should see some babies becoming available. We have a friend in the UK who will be breeding his again this yr - he produced a single superdwarf albino out of a pair of hets last yr - a purple as well! Prehistoric Pets are working with the same line and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are stocking their animals in the UK now.
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 am

my pair have locked a few times that ive noticed, but that doesnt mean anything.if i get eggs ill be a happy man.................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 am

There you go Dunlop, Now hound Trunx every week until he gives you a female. You all seen it here he definately said he was going to definately have a female for Dunlop. We all seen it super dwarf home! and loving him but he needs a name!  723935
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am

i need to lay off the class c's. i totally dont remember that mark..............
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 am

He offered it free as well, didn't you Trunx...!

I've had loads of locks and no darn ovulations that I've caught. Was hopeful for my dwarf albino and het albino also, got suspicious, probed the male two nights ago and discovered he is a she. So I've been trying to encourage two females to get it on. All good in the right context but not much use in the reptile world...

lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

You had also said i could have a free pair and some allocated space to go with them because i have no more space here :)

Is that the Super Dwarfs Lisa? Thats mental both are female, does that throw off the SD breeding plans now or whats in the pipeline?
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am

Naw, that's the dwarfs. Both females are only 6-7ish ft at three yrs of age though! They're from a small Jampea line, but I do expect them to grow on another bit. One is a fair bit chunkier than the other. I'll sort something else out for them...no such thing as a spare dwarf female Very Happy

The SD plans are still intact, but I think it will be next yr before I get a real attempt at it. At least we're nicely set up now with the racking. At long last...
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Well thats good news, i know you said you didnt want to mix lines to much with the mainlands but if they are from a smaller Jampea line you could make some really nice snakes by introducing some of the mainlands?

Also with the rack in mind...

Pictures now please
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Nice buy there....eyed that guy up myself but decided to hold back here for a couple of captive bred madus from a small line being produced on the mainland. Good luck with your new little tic !!
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Are you getting one of Mikee's madus Buddy? I'm hoping for one of his males perhaps for my adult female madu Wink
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:32 pm

That's the man Lisa !! They look like a nice small line he is working with there so just the waiting game now to see what hatches out for him
Buddy
Buddy
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Excellent. I think my female originally came from him so will have to check she's from an unrelated line before I nab one. Mike's a seasoned breeder in any case so there's a good chance things will go swimmingly - not like my darned crowd!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dunlupo84 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

thanks everyone for the comments pics will be posted very soon

just fed the little guy,wow! no muckin around with him!

and thanks trunx for keeping me a free female sd retic! your kindness has no bounds!

dunlupo84
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Haha Very Happy

Mark - yeah I could do that, I might try the suntiger with one and the SD het albino with the other. Just trying to get everyone settled etc in their new housing and keep tabs on my temps for a while with new set ups.

Best of luck with this guy Dunlop, he's a stunning snake. His orange eyes just pop!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by trunx Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:17 am

i tell you what dunlop, if it actually happens you can have one if you put my fence up...........................
trunx
trunx
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dunlupo84 Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

deal!

dunlupo84
Lurker
Lurker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down