Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSI Publication

Go down

HSI Publication Empty HSI Publication

Post by LaurenC Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:28 am

Hi Guys

I don't know how many of you are aware of the Herpetological Society of Ireland and what we are doing at the moment but basically there is a steering committee in place at the moment, of which I am a member, with a view to forming a professional society to educate, promote and represent the hobby and science of keeping reptiles.

Its far from a few mates meeting in a boozer. The steering committee is a diverse group of people with scientific backrounds, long time experience of keeping various reps, and has all the usual positions of Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Scientific Advisors etc.

Basically we are hoping to launch in the near future and vote in a committee to take over from the steering group. This I will keep you all updated on or you can sign up to the mailing list at herp.soc@gmail.com

For the launch we are working non stop for the next 4 weeks to have a publication ready, the first of a planned quarterly publication. Interviews, articles on various topics from viv building to genetics to classification, Competitions, Advice....

There will be an allocated space for advertising and we already have quite a bit sold but if you are interested in advertisting your services, as a shop, as a supplier of glass, as whatever you want ( within reason obviously ) Please get in touch to learn more about what we can offer, who we are reaching out to and what your ad could look like.

Regards

Lauren Campbell
Steering Group Secretary
LaurenC
LaurenC
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: