Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.A.O Tony

2 posters

Go down

F.A.O Tony Empty F.A.O Tony

Post by Tan Sun May 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Tony I thought you may find these some what interesting. Although, not near as much as seeing one in the wild Wink you don't often see pictures of this particular genus at these ages. So heres what the evil Long Ears look like growing up

Two days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared2daysold
Seven days old
F.A.O Tony Longearedbaby7daysold
One week old
F.A.O Tony Longearedbaby-1
Eight days old
F.A.O Tony 8daysold2
Eight days old
F.A.O Tony 8daysols
Nine days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared9daysold
Eleven days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared11daysold
Eleven day old
F.A.O Tony Longeared11daysold2
Twenty two days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared22daysold2
Twenty Two days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared22daysold
Twenty five days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared25daysold
Twenty five days old
F.A.O Tony Longeared25daysold2-2
1 month old
F.A.O Tony Longeard1monthold
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

F.A.O Tony Empty Re: F.A.O Tony

Post by Tony W Sun May 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Tan, a great series of progressive photos...are they really as mean as you make out? I mean look at the eleven day old hog, surely not an evil beast in the making?? lol!

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Mon May 10, 2010 9:11 am

You know the funny thing with these hogs is even when hand reared there comes a point as they mature when they just seem to snap, maybe it's hormones kicking in, I don't honestly know but they are nothing like any other hog I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I have had one who would have been 'friendly' but it was a very ill animal for about 6 months and needed a lot of handling, medicating etc...I still didn't trust it 100% and it had far more 'moments' then any other domestically kept hog would. All the rest will remove lumps if given half a chance and never seem to 'tame' fully. It seems the norm with this hog after many years of talking with other owner/breeders and my own experience although just like with everything I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule out there.

Unlike our native or the Atelerix genus these are highly territorial, food aggressive, they hunt unlike any hedgehog I've seen in action. They are fast & pounce like frogs on prey which they literally rip to shreds unless it's mouth size, then it's just chewed to death. They are a highly strung animal, always on the run and will turn to fight if they cannot get away from you. This can be some what off putting when trying to change cages and feeding time especially considering locusts seem to bring out the true killer in them lol but yea they are cute as hell lol!
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content