Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ETB Update

3 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Boas

Go down

ETB Update Empty ETB Update

Post by Tony W Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:17 pm

ETB Update….below excerpt from “Arboreal Update” posted in Caresheets and Breeding section.

FEEDING

ETB – OK our Northern was imported October 2009 as yet it hasn’t fed, I procured it [unsure of sex at this time] in February 2010 and through our forum’s Ady [Reptile NI] have been given a brief history [thanks Ady] I’m satisfied that it’s housing and environmental requirements have been met and it’s settled down nicely to a regimen of daytime inactivity, lying up in tight coils which the learned profess to be a good sign for this animal…loose coils not so, so different from ATB’s that seem to prefer a loose coil and or three or four points of contact on a perch.
It has been offered thawed and warmed rodents to date, however, has showed no real interest. It has recently entered a shed phase, again a good sign re. environmental compatibility, so my [or Jack’s, I’m out of the country at present] next step is to offer it a live rodent. Our forum’s Tommy [snake NI] down in Ballywalter has helped out with rodents here, so it looks likely should the ETB go for live animals that I’ll have a little mouse colony to maintain!! Tommy thanks for all your help you’ve earned dinner and a bottle of Rioja when I get back early May!!
I’ll update on the ETB’s progress in due course. Having done not a little research on Emeralds I’m particularly aware of not feeding an oversized rodent at the outset as they are susceptible to regurgitation…this isn’t necessarily due to the size of the rodent but more a combination of food item and environmental husbandry. More about this later.

Update…the ETB completed a clean shed on or around 01 April….he took a mouse in the dark hours on the 02/03 April…this is great news for us, it totally vindicates our environmental regimen, we’ll monitor him over the next week or so and should there be no outward signs of discomfort/distress/regurgitation etc we’ll feed him again…we have a little way to go to get him back to full weight but we’re on the right track with this gem of an animal.

I can’t take sole credit for this, Jack’s been physically maintaining the snake [and all others] over the last month or so, the milestone is his!! Well done Jack good result.

Tony W
Someone turn off my internet

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

ETB Update Empty Re: ETB Update

Post by Jack W Chrondo Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Its a Pleasure , Im very proud of what i achieved :) I Hope thats The first of many milestones I Beat you in :) lol ..
Jack W Chrondo
Jack W Chrondo
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by snake_ni Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Great result Tony & well done Jack Wink ............. it's a real buzz when you get a non-feeder feeding Cool
Think I'm going to have to get Jack back down here to sort my non-feeders (16 at the min Rolling Eyes )
T
snake_ni
snake_ni
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:48 am

Cheers Tommy, you didn't have a little part to play yourself!! The problem with having Jack down at yours is that I'd probably never see him again, he'd get himself locked in your shed and that would be that!! lol!

I'm bringing my dates forward so will be back around the 23/24 April so I'll give you a call when I get back and hopefully you and your good lady will come up for dinner one evening.

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down