The year ahead?

Go down

The year ahead?

Post by moloch gibbon on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Things seem to be a little quiet here lately so I was wondering what you all had planned snake-wise for 2010, i.e potential breedings, new animals etc. Personally, I'm hoping for some eggs (and babies from my snow corn x normal (het blood red); hopefully to (if money permits!) acquire a normal female Royal to pair up with my adult male - or grow on for the future; possibly acquire a male Western Hognose to grow on for the future as my female is still too small to breed this year; lastly, to try and sort out larger housing for my B.c.i when she starts to grow!!
moloch gibbon
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male
Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The year ahead?

Post by snakeboyadam2k8 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 am

moloch gibbon wrote:Things seem to be a little quiet here lately :

Quiet? I think that everyone has either died, emigrated or gone into winter hibernation! lol!

In answer to your question I'm not expecting much this year as most of the snakes are too young. Hopefully in 2011 the pair of royals will do something as well as some of the corns (only the female Abbotts okeetee is big enough this year -she's over 300grms so might possibly do something though the male is still rather small) Good luck with your planned aquisitions - does Mrs Molloch Gibbon know what you have in mind?

I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post by moloch gibbon on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 pm

snakeboyadam2k8 wrote:
moloch gibbon wrote:Things seem to be a little quiet here lately :

Quiet? I think that everyone has either died, emigrated or gone into winter hibernation! lol!

In answer to your question I'm not expecting much this year as most of the snakes are too young. Hopefully in 2011 the pair of royals will do something as well as some of the corns (only the female Abbotts okeetee is big enough this year -she's over 300grms so might possibly do something though the male is still rather small) Good luck with your planned aquisitions - does Mrs Molloch Gibbon know what you have in mind?

Re the current Mrs. Gibbon, I have been quietly letting slip into conversation about future snakes, so hopefully she'll not be too surprised if they appear!? Strangely enough my main problem will be where to house any more snakes, so a little bit of ingenuity will have to be called for!

I have no doubt it won't be long before the pitter-patter of tiny non feet will appear with your snakes at Chateau Snakeboy (there's definitely something in the water up there!)
moloch gibbon
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 pm

well....not planing much but
im sorting out vivs lol i had a big 4ft by 4ft and it was no use being so big so im at the moment dividing it into 2 4ft vivs lol
as for snakes selling my albino pine to help get a hypo het albino(het sunglow) so i can get a few kahl sunglows in a few years but next year i will hopefully producing just het albinos (depending on my male albino size etc...)lol and whatever cash i can get im either gona go for a female sunglow or a het
but i do have the idea on geting a motley het albino so not much gona be happining this year lol
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by moloch gibbon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Anyone got any updates on how their snakes are breeding? I know there's been some serious locking activity going on with some!
moloch gibbon
I've no home to goto
I've no home to goto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Nothing goin on this year with me, everything is still too small, i've got my female hognose up to 200g so she's nearly there.

As far as acquisitions go if i got my hands on a pair of paraguayan rainbow boa's and possibly a pair of brazilian rainbows and if i can really work hard and build up loads of brownie points with Mrs Jonty a super dwarf retic may be a possibility
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by inkriminate on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm

We're on the lookout for a breeding age boa for our new dwarf.

Apart from that i'm always on the lookout for an Albino burm!!
inkriminate
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2010-05-03

http://essjay-reptile-rescue.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Ady has an albino burm up for grabs...posted in classifieds....

Tony W
Someone turn off my internet

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dogg on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, I'm fairly new to the reptiles, but my collection has grown pretty big and I've had 3 corns lay so far Very Happy Although they are all recessive morphs and weren't bred with similar morphs, so I expect a lot of normal hets. But to be honest, I just can't wait to see some snakes hatch. Really excited about it lol. Have around 60 eggs incubating, though I don't expect many of the 1st clutch will hatch as I made a few mistakes when incubating them to begin with (getting humidity etc right). However, the other 2 clutches look good so far (touch wood!) I've also invested in a lot of new things for future breedings - Male Pastel royal, Male spider royal, visual kahl albino boa, pair of 100% het sharp strain boas, salmon pastel boa, jungle carpet python, jag coastal python, 66% het anery 2 sonoran and a few hoggies (also hoping to get a pair of 100% het albino hoggies :)

Big Dogg
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony W on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 am

That all sounds impressive Big Dog, you're definately "the man with the plan!!"

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thoth on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:12 am

Got 10 hoggie eggs in the incubator at the moment, hopefully they'll hatch as it is my first batch, the female did well, no problems at all and ate the day after with no issues, proud of her !
thoth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dogg on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 am

Nice 1. Are they normal hoggies?

Big Dogg
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thoth on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 am

Big Dogg wrote:Nice 1. Are they normal hoggies?

They certainly are, i love the look of the albino/red hoggies as well, fingers crossed everything goes well, looking forward to them hatching (long time away !)
thoth
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dogg on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 am

Aye I love the albino reds too. Thinking about getting a pair of 100% het albinos this month.

Big Dogg
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: