Scaleless Snakes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scaleless Snakes

Post by tort two on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Well guys what do we make of them? I for one think they look great,and just like a monkeys hand,i would love to hold one and see what it feels like,i hear they are going for big money at the moment and are causing quite a stir in Europe....However i dont know if i would like to own one as of yet,being a "new" snake i think i will keep an eye on what happens in the long term,they say they are exactly the same to keep but i would imagine they would have to be kept spotlessly clean,and what about being exposed to sun light?Would you need sun block on him if you wanted to bring him into the garden on a sunny day for some photos?
Just some taughts!!
tort two
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Scaleless Snakes

Post by sally on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

i would imagine they would get cut quite easily. they have been around for a few years and every so often a new one pops up. i think they look manky, snakes have scales for a reason and though i know a lot of the morphs around now wouldnt stand a chance in the wild id imagine a scaleless snake would be someones dinner in no time at all.

im sure some people like them but they arent for me
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchology on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm

I could not with good conscience condone the production of a scaleless snake. I don't agree with producing an animal with a mutation or genetic flaw such as this because they either like the look of it or because it will make a few bob. I think as humans we've gone too far and this is one of many disgusting examples.

One can argue that this mutation can be found in the wild, so can albino animals, which rarely live a long and happy life due to the issues posed by their mutation.

Breeding to reproduce something like this, for me, in my opinion, equates to purposefully producing humans with rare, detrimental genetic disorders. Not everyone feels this way, but it's something that personally I feel very strongly about.
Dutchology
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://www.reptiles.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imme on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 am

Well, in my opinion they are far better than the hybrids some people produce. In one way it is good that they are still expensive, so they will not flood the hobby. All I could think is that there is something wrong with these guys, just like with hairless dogs/cats, just unnatural. But as long as we pay big bucks for color variations and other mutations, there will be demand and there will be breeders too. :)
Imme

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top