Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ)

+6
Dutchology
deevtec
morelia
Burk
pacman
Tan
10 posters

Go down

Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ) Empty Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ)

Post by Tan Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 am

Hey guys,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to read this. I am writing to you on behalf of Paul and his family (username Pacman) with an urgent appeal! At this time of year many of us are focusing on celebrating Christmas with family and friends and ringing in the New Year. Kaseys family are focusing on ways to keep her alive. Kasey has just been diagnosed with AT/RT Cancer (Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor) and is currently in Our Lady's Children Hospital, Crumlin here in Dublin.

This is Kasey just 7 weeks ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is no one I know who can say they DO NOT have a friend or family member who has battled this terrible illness. Kaseys family have found a way they can try to fight this disease, but treatment is in the United States and is very expensive.

This is Kasey now

I am appealing to each and every one of you to help Kasey by making a donation. Please remember, nothing is too small, every cent matters!. For all donations;

Bank of Ireland
48 Talbot street
Dublin 1
Sort Code 90-07-11
Account Number 73230149.

You may also Paypal money to victoria.Lopez@rocketmail.com

Also, if you have anything you would like to donate for sale/auction in order to help raise funds for Kasey or ANY ideas which will help her & family, please contact Paul (Pacman), myself or get a post on the forum with your idea or item for sale and starting price.

Thanking you all in advance guys!

Please cross-post to Facebook, Twitter or any other media you can use to get the word out there and generate as much support as possible for Kasey!

Last edited by Tan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ) Empty Re: Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ)

Post by pacman Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks Tan

she is getting more tests today

Paul

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ) Empty Re: Fundraising for little Kaseys Cancer treatment (PLEASE READ)

Post by Burk Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 am

We have a leo getcko for sale on the other reptile forum proceeds to be donated to kasey, please bid and raise some cash!

Burk

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by morelia Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 am

I'll be putting 2 hutches up for sale today, please bid on them if think you would have a use for them - all money will go to the fund for little Kasey.
morelia
morelia
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks everyone

Kasey is now in our lady's Crumlin Hospital in Dublin

She a little fighter

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:18 am

Guys, I just wanted to add a couple more images to the thread.
This photo was taken 10 weeks ago
This is Kasey now

Thank you to everyone who has helped so far. Keep spreading the word, linking to us and Herp Ireland and let people know about our auctions and the many ways in which they can help Kasey and her family.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

myself and family would like to personally thank everyone on this forum
for helping in this time of need Kasey is in Crumlin Hospital Dublin at this time ,,
this all happened very quickly 7 weeks ago myself and wife were minding Kasey over night she seem grand as you can tell from the photos, a few days later Kaseys mother took her to Crumlin hospital as she lives near by and Kasey was getting sick they sent her to Temple street were we got the news the she has AT/RT a rare form of cancer , we the family are still trying to come to terms with this, and everything else that comes with this , if anyone believes in prayer I personally would ask them to pray at this time for Kasey and family

thanking you all Paul Martin and Kasey

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by deevtec Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:33 pm

i organise an annual charity car show the next 1 is not til may but have decided to hold a 'mini meet' at end of jan to try and raise some money for Kasey so any one that would be interested in going add japdreamz on facebook for more info.

cheers Dee

deevtec

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:19 am

That's wonderful Dee!! I will look it up.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchology Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 am

Once again, thanks Dee. Feel free to post the info on the forum as soon as you have it.
Dutchology
Dutchology
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://www.reptiles.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by deevtec Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 pm

hope this is a better year for young Kasey God knows she deserves it!!

deevtec

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 am

Right guys, we have a charity walk planned in aid of Kasey set for SUNDAY 22ND OF JANUARY 2012. MEETING AT THE POPES CROSS PHOENIX PARK 3PM , EVERYONE WELCOME.

Sponsor cards are available NOW! Please contact me if you require one and we will get it to you asap. Also, if you live in or around Finglas, Angles of Ireland shop located in the village have one in store so you can drop in at any time and please remember, donations are still needed and greatly appreciated!

We are also going to try arrange a forum bag pack SO if you can free yourself up for a day let me know and we can get our numbers sorted and the finer details. Thanks guys!
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchology Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

Fair play guys, keep up the great work!
Dutchology
Dutchology
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-11

http://www.reptiles.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdoyle83 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:18 am

I'll be lodging the money we raised at the midlandcruisers.com meet last sunday into the bank either tomorrow or friday.

We managed to collect just over €200.

I'll do my best to try organise another one soon

mickdoyle83

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdoyle83 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am

Lodged the money into the bank this morning. €225 altogether. Not bad at all

mickdoyle83

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Firstly an apology to Paul, Michelle and of course little Kasey for my absenteeism as of late and allowing the thread to fall behind.

Secondly, a huge thank you to each and everyone of you who turned up today for the Walk for Kasey. Almost 300 people walked today in the Phoenix Park. The group was made up of men, women and children of all ages! Thank you for your continued support guys, it's nice to see so many people care and a huge thank you to my pal Rachel for all your hard work.

The croud from Sundays walk.
and just a few images from over the Christmas period. Kasey met Colin.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Crikey guys, how did I miss all of this! Well done, brilliant to see and so sorry I missed it!
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:24 am

Guys, the next fundraiser for Kasey is a night out in The Traders Pub, Greenhills, Tallaght on 11th February. Tickets are €10 and there will be entertainment, finger food and a raffle to win some great prizes on the night!

Also, Kasey site is up and running. Please visit the site and show your support for Kasey Kare4Kasey
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 am

Just a reminder guys, fundraiser for Kasey this Saturday in The Traders Pub. See you there.
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortbabe Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:24 am

Will be making a donation as soon as I can, saying a little prayer each night for this beautiful baby girl :(
Tortbabe
Tortbabe
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks everyone for turning up on Saturday
Have a look at the web site for more info

Last edited by pacman on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding)

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Great news
14th February 2012

We just received the best news today! We got the results from Kasey's latest MRI Scan. It shows
no signs of the small tumour coatings along her spine, they have gone and the tumour on
her brain stem has reduced in size. We are over the moon! It shows us that Kasey is responding
well to the treatment and it is stopping the spread of the tumour, while reducing it at the same time.
We still have a long road ahead of us but this is one of our happier days.
We love you lots Kasey, Happy Valentines Day xx

pacman
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickles Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 am

That's great news!

Pickles
Lurker
Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down