Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Standards...

3 posters

Go down

Poor Standards... Empty Poor Standards...

Post by Tony W Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Admin and Mods please do go ahead and move this post where you feel it's most appropriate....

Paying total attention to forums rules in terms of "naming and shaming"...this shop I will not name publicly and on the forum, however, it is in Dublin which ought naturally to narrow matters down....

I'm absolutely furious....

I've visited this shop periodically over the last couple of years, this year Feb/Mar time and as recently as today....nice folk, don't get me wrong, however, a variety of animals are being displayed, either on their last legs, mouths gaping, under weight, dehydrated, adhered skin, sitting on severely soiled substrate complete with mite infestations.....or simply dead in their housings...absolutely and unequivocally unacceptable....for those who know me, you'll know rightly I'm as objective as the next person....listen, if you all have any conscience about our hobby at all, please, please speak with the proprietor of this outlet as a matter of urgency....it's this type of display of exotic animals that will impact all hobbyists in a totally negative light...and rightly so IMO....I do realise this matter is sensitive and the outlet, proprietor and staff are probably long standing friends/associates of many forum members....this is not a witch hunt, rather a plea to those who care enough to keep the hobby in the best possible public light....

I do not intend to have a full blown discussion about the subject on this post, however, will be happy to discuss further via PM....

You should all know I have absolutely no vested interest, other than the very best promotion of our hobby in the public eye.....so, do you, me and everyone else involved in the hobby a favour [if you're able] and address the issues I've highlighted, personally if you're able.

I truly appreciate any assistance in the above matter....

Best as ever T.

Tony W
Someone turn off my internet

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Poor Standards... Empty Re: Poor Standards...

Post by Tony W Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Many thanks to all that have PM'ed re. the above post your concerns speak volumes....anything you can do is much appreciated...

All best,

T

Tony W

Male
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2009-08-23

http://www.tjreptiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by St3ve76 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 am

As with any shop, if you feel they aren't doing something right it's always better to try and speak to the owner first and hopefully they will listen.

Hopefully things change.
St3ve76
St3ve76
I swear I'm not addicted
I swear I'm not addicted

Male
Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Tony.

Has there been any developments or any further information anyone can provide us with since this post? When I get a chance I'll send you a PM Tony if that is OK.
Tan
Tan

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum