Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin.

+12
Mercuryboy
morelia
hudsy13
Blue Kitty
MarkJD
cat_h
sally
lisafay
JoeR
jonty
Tan
igmillichip
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 Empty Re: Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin.

Post by sally Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:29 am

jonty wrote:Firstly Ian thank you for the update Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 792195

I've been having a good think abot it Kat and if i can make it down ok (i should do) i'll probably be bringing a Paragayan rainbow Boa, bumblebee toads wold be nice to see.
i have to be honest i'm getting pretty excited

Elaine if you bring the uro's i think you'll definitely need to frisk everyone on the way out Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154
well all things looking well the three of them will be booked in and tagging along, both ornates are in shed at the minute so im looking forward to seeing what colours they come out. so far the male looks like hes getting some blue and green along with his orange,grey,black,brown,white oh and yellow too Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154 hopefully they do some basking on the day and their colours will come up well for everyone to see
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 Empty Re: Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin.

Post by jonty Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:53 am

that's some range of colours, i love uro's, I'm just not sure why I haven't added some to my collection yet, it's probably because I keep impulse buying snakes Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154 The missus doesn't like them, she says they're ugly, I'd say she has bad taste but hey, she's married to me so she must have good taste Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154

Anyway enough with flexing my ego, I'm looking forward to seeing your Uro's at the show and tell, oh and meeting you of course Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 792195
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 2371
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://www.saintfieldhockeyclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 am

Twisted Evil how can she say uros are ugly.....
Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 A-1
look at that little smile, can you get any cuter Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 766969
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 am

I agree with you, and if it was a nice fluffy rabbit Tanya might too Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154 If I even get a new snake and go that's nice love isn't she shrugs her shoulders and goes it's a snake. I reckon she secretly likes them but I think she feels that if she says she likes them I'll buy more Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:44 am

well i doubt her saying she doesnt like them stops you from buying more Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:55 am

Well it doesn't stop me, just slows me down a bit, I have to work on her for a while before something else comes into the house

Now where did I put my man card, I'm sure I left it round here somewhere Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:10 am

lol is she coming down with you? im sure ill be able to convince her to get an uro when she sees how small and cute mine are in the flesh
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Thats great Ian. I'll definitely be bringing my corn then
Can't wait for this! I'll be bringing my camera also!
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkJD Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I like the Uro's... Great species and really underrated. So prehistoric looking too.
MarkJD
MarkJD
Lurker
Lurker

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-16

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

thats what i like about them is the dinosaur look of them and their personalites too, pebbles is learning to jump though which may cause problems Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 772154
sally
sally
Unemployed
Unemployed

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Notification Times and Directions.

The event is at Rockbrook School, Rathfarnham Dublin.

On Saturday 05th March, the times are as:

11 am - Opening Time for person bringing animals (you will be receiving fuller details from Steve)

12 noon - Opening for persons NOT bringing animals.

We hope to have the venue emptied by 4:30pm. So that means don't be too late as cleaning up will start at 4pm.

Directions to Rockbrook Park School, Rathfarnham according to google maps.

Copy and paste (OR CLICK...depending on browser) the following into an Internet browser:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=M50&daddr=53.27693,-6.32176+to:53.280822,-6.3075211+to:Rockbrook+Park+School,+Dublin+18,+Co.+South+Dublin,+Ireland&geocode=FTXKLAMd_X2g_w%3BFQLxLAMdoImf_ylFKiJvBQtnSDFAhSX9pscAEw%3BFTYALQMdP8Gf_ymhN0efpwtnSDEhIgD8pscAEw%3BFbe5LAMdVt2f_ynD874iVApnSDHKI29uzo_Piw&hl=en&mra=ls&via=1,2&sll=53.277532,-6.232681&sspn=0.052245,0.15398&ie=UTF8&ll=53.273272,-6.295

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Ian is there a cut off date for registering animals to bring along, also what is the e-mail address to contact Steve on.

Thanks

Marty Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 792195
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lisafay Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Marty, as far as I am aware the cut-off point for booking animals in for the event has been fixed at three days prior to the event, so midnight of the preceding Thursday.

Steve is organising the booking in of animals, and can be contacted at science@thehsi.org.
lisafay
lisafay
Insomniac
Insomniac

Female
Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jonty Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks Lisa Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 801134
jonty
jonty
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Ian I sent out a mail but never edited it so guys my apologies for leaving in the thread part, you get the idea anyway. I'll amend and resend Rolling Eyes
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Done Very Happy
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Kitty Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Just wonering, is this the first time you have held one of these show - do you have many people that bring Reps and inverts down??

Sharon
Blue Kitty
Blue Kitty

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 pm

@Sharon, this is the first of these shows that we have done.

We are hoping that there will be a good turn-out as that sets a scene for similar future 'Show and Tell' events.

I'm not too certain who is bringing what, but I understand that we have, already, a good number of people pre-booking animals.

We hold other events though.

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Kitty Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanx Ian, just curious as to whether it might be worth the trip down from Belfast (lol I hate driving in Dublin!).

will there be a final list of all the exhibits just before the show?

and Im I right in thinking Exotic types like hedgies, buns, and chins as well as fish wont be in attendance for animal welfare reasons, it will just be reptiles, snakes and inverts?
Blue Kitty
Blue Kitty

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Sharon, it will be well worth the trip and a few others may be coming this way too.

I had asked about hogs but never considered at the time of my question the risks with big snakes around. Can I just ask is this the welfare you are thinking of?

I think you should come, not only will you get to see some fantastic animals you'll get to meet the HSI guys, some forum members and other like minded folk so what better reason to make the trip :)
Tan
Tan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:14 am

Tan wrote:Sharon, it will be well worth the trip and a few others may be coming this way too.

I had asked about hogs but never considered at the time of my question the risks with big snakes around. Can I just ask is this the welfare you are thinking of?

I think you should come, not only will you get to see some fantastic animals you'll get to meet the HSI guys, some forum members and other like minded folk so what better reason to make the trip :)

As Tan says....it will be a good chance to meet people on this forum, and people who are not on this forum (or any forum at all).

As things have it, this is only for Reptiles, Amphibians and inverts.

We didn't want it to be a general pet show; arranging facilities for too many different types of animals would be difficult; and animal welfare will always be at the top of the list.
The nature of such an event (ie being a temporary set-up and with multiple people bringing multiple animals on the day) means that, just for one or two examples, some large snakes may become agitated or 'on the hunt' if they get a whiff of a feeder animal, and having a multitude of different animals (eg mammals) would place extra pressures on those checking the general health and suitability of animals brought along.

Now, fish wouldn't generally be a problem...but we have fish shows annually in Ireland (we're not holding one this year though as far as I know.....well no plans from the fish societies) and thus something that focuses on Herps and in the remit of the H.S.I. is the aim.
So, no fish...... but fish-talk IS allowed. I'll be there; Justine is a fish-keeper and she will be there (you can have a chat and ask her about catching mudskippers!)

Unfortunately, we cannot list WHO is bringing animals. That would be for the individuals themselves to say.
These are not trade people, these are our community of herp keepers.

There may be a list of animals that have been pre-booked going around though.
What I have seen so far looks very good.

Someone from the HSI committee may post that up sometime.

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 am

hmmm....just wondering will people be selling there offspring (animals ofcoarse)
eg: baby snakes? etc im on the look out for one or two things...
id like to go but im not seeing much point if nothings being sold...im comming from cookstown and a bus will be one hell of a fair if im not getting anything..... lol!
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hudsy13 Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 am

just noticed you said they are not trade people(must of missed it in my quick scan)....i prob wont be goin then.... Reptile Show and Tell in Dublin. - Page 2 862177
hudsy13
hudsy13
I just can't stop
I just can't stop

Male
Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:12 am

Unfortunately, there is no trading or change of hands of animals at the event or on the site of the venue.

ian
(on behalf of the Chairperson, The Herpetological Society of Ireland)

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeR Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 am

Hudsy you can still go for the fun of it, you'll get to meet a host of like minded awesome people!
Theres not many reasons i can think of NOT to go.......if there are any!?
JoeR
JoeR
Insomniac
Insomniac

Male
Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next