Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hedgehog registry Ireland

Go down

Hedgehog registry Ireland Empty Hedgehog registry Ireland

Post by Tan Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:57 am

The IHR Mission statement;

To preserve and improve the quality of the species, and to keep track of the progress of our efforts.
To improve knowledge of inherited traits, toward the goal of eliminating those characteristics that have a negative impact on hedgehog longevity and health and increasing those traits that enhance the species.
To track the demographics and distribution of pet hedgehogs.
To connect hedgehog owners and breeders with one another, to the enhancement of the hedgehog community.

The IHR has branches around the world to help with data collection. The Registry its self is run by Jeanne Stanoch-Robtoy. You do NOT have to register with any branch and can contact Jeanne directly to be listed on the main data base but we are here to help in anyway possible. Anyone who registers with a branch will always be passed onto the main data base.

Tanya Walter - Ireland (IHR Ireland Branch)
Jane Kuta - Colorado (Canadian Registry)
Faith Morgan - England (goes by the name UK pygmy registry but is a branch)

If you reside anywhere in Ireland and would like to either start a lineage or continue one please contact me and the best part is it is all free. The registry is called the International HEDGEHOG registry and we register ANY genus of hedgehog being the first to register Long Ears in Europe since '08. We have also here in Ireland been studying Hemiechinus genus and offer rescue status and advice on these animals too.

For more info you can find the registry and branches listed here.

http://hedgehogbreederalliance.org/committees.html
Tan
Tan
Someone turn off my internet
Someone turn off my internet

Female
Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.irish-rabbit-club.com

Back to top Go down