Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hot keepers in ireland

+9
Tony W
morelia
inkriminate
moloch gibbon
hudsy13
snakeanjohn
reptile ni
Per N
poison
13 posters

:: Animal Chat :: Snakes :: Venomous

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hot keepers in ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: hot keepers in ireland

Post by Imme Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:50 am

Is there any regulation on keeping hots in the republic at all?
I have had many chances to get hots for even free (friends bred them) but always turned down the offer, I just do not feel safe in the house if I know they are there. I don't care if I got bitten (my snake & my mistake), but could not handle if something happens to someone else...
The only hot animal I would consider to keep is a gila monster, they seem to be fun.
Imme
Imme

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by WAMA Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 am

Imme wrote:Is there any regulation on keeping hots in the republic at all?
I have had many chances to get hots for even free (friends bred them) but always turned down the offer, I just do not feel safe in the house if I know they are there. I don't care if I got bitten (my snake & my mistake), but could not handle if something happens to someone else...
The only hot animal I would consider to keep is a gila monster, they seem to be fun.
Not yet

WAMA
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by igmillichip Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:07 pm

WAMA wrote:
Imme wrote:Is there any regulation on keeping hots in the republic at all?
Not yet

as in no specific DWA act for 'hots', but there are still regulations on animals kept by people (eg animal welfare, C.I.T.E.S where applicable, and the wildlife act).
The Wildlife Act has an interesting section in it that has never been enacted to date, but it does allow the minister of state to enact a section that allows confiscation of a specimen deemed to pose a danger to the native wildlife. But that could apply to anything, and not just 'hots'.

ian

igmillichip
Unemployed
Unemployed

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-06-10

http://www.thehsi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content